Hi, my relative is suffering from myopathy which is induces by steroids. This is what doctors told to his family and it was pretty shocking. He is feeling pretty bad so I would like to know what is the cause for such his situation same as what they may expect in the future?

Hi, this kind of myopathy is not so rare at all. It is caused, like doctors already said, by large doses of corticosteroids. This myopathy affects proximal muscles and weakness is very strong. Your relative probably was on the corticosteroid therapy with doses over 10 mg and it caused such effect. Prognosis depends of cause and it means if he stops with this medications situation will improve. Unfortunately I guess there is some other disorder which was treated by corticosteroid therapy and there have to found solution for it.