I need someone to explain me what necrotizing myopathy is. My dad is seriously ill for he suffers from muscle tissue cancer and now he also has been recently diagnosed with necrotizing myopathy-I know my dad will probably die soon with all this diagnosis but I would like to hear something more about necrotizing myopathy diagnose. Thanks!

Whenever it comes to diagnose such as necrotizing myopathy is than the prognosis are never positive. I don't think there is any special treatment for necrotizing myopathy regarding the fact that this condition actually refers to a muscle and capillary damages and the membrane is attacked also. I am really sorry but it seems there is not much hope here left for your dad and besides that this necrotizing myopathy condition is very common in cancer patients and the illness is progressive without any effective treatment approach so far.

Hi, Batsheva, I read your post and my heart went out to you. I realize that this was over a year ago, but are you ok? How is your Dad? What did you find out about necrotizing myopathy? My ex-husband has this condition, but without the cancer. He is doing IVIG therapy which is an antibody therapy. In a month and a few short weeks he has progressively gotten worse. There are only 300 reported cases a year with this disease so not much data is known. Please write back. Thanks!

I also have this disease and we are gonna try rituximab infusion, I'm very nervous!