Hi, I suffer from Grave's disease. On mine last regularly checking doctor told me I could get hyperthyroid myopathy. He also told me something about it, but I forgot it. Can anybody tell me something about it? What are the symptoms? How should I recognize if this started to happen?

My wife had the same disease as you Grave's disease. After a few years she started to fill muscle weakness especially in shoulders and hips. Doctor said that she was suffering from hyperthyroid myopathy. He also told her that it would increase. Further symptoms will be periodic paralysis, choking, and vibratory sensations at the ankles. Good news is that this disease's progression is slow but steady.

Hallo,
The fact is that Grave’s disease is autoimmune disorder. It can lead to problems with your thyroid. It can cause your thyroid gland to produce too much hormone. This condition in called hyperthyroidism. I don’t know if you doctor has mentioned anything about this? Grave’s disease is caused by an abnormal immune system response that causes the thyroid gland to produce too much thyroid hormones. Muscle weakness, also called myopathy is a symptom of Grave’s daises. So in my opinion this condition can cause hyperthyroid myopathy. You should ask your doctor to give you some medication that can control this problem. I know that people often go for hormone replacement therapy when they have Grave’s disease or other thyroid problems.