I have to know something. My kid, only 13 years old has been diagnosed with station myopathy. I am clueless here, doctors were explaining me the mechanism of his condition but I was so nervous and agitated that I did not even listen to them, I just wanted to get my son home. What is this station myopathy? How should we fight it? Please, help us.

Station myopathy is actually not so common disease, but, unfortunately, it affected your son. It starts because of high level of creatin kinase (CK). Usually, when the invading substance is under control, the child condition should stabilize and let's all hope that would happen. Otherwise, complications can occur which could lead to a fatal outcome. But do not be terrified, this happens very rarely, so with a right therapy prescribed by his doctor, your son should be just fine.