Does anybody know to tell me something about rod myopathy? At the beginning I thought my daughter is just naturally weak and skinny but she is now 2 and half and I have also noticed she has some strange hand movements it seems like her hand falls down so I went to the a pediatrician and it turned out my daughter is ill of some rod myopathy disease.

This is likely to be what is called nemaline rod myopathy –a disease that effects the muscles and is very much progressive so by the time it may affect whole muscles group causing total muscle weakness and in some further stage it may also cause respiratory problems. Rod myopathy is inherited so there was probably some defected gene or genes that your daughter has inherited and I am sorry to tell for I know for sure there is no special treatment for rod myopathy at this moment but some proper physical therapy may slow down rod myopayhy progress and I think you should try with some special diet rich in amino acids and riboflavin as well as in coenzyme Q.