Hi, I am in doubt. A friend of mine has been convincing me to start body-building. He is in this branch and knows almost everything there is to know about it. I know that this kind of activity is healthy but my friend is talking something about steroids. I am not sure that I want to start taking them while going to the gym since I heard somewhere that steroids can cause sexual problems. Is this true?

Hi, any kind of sport activity is good. But, this can be applied only if you practice it in its natural form. That means without any additives, including steroids. Steroids can be very dangerous. Even if you take them as prescribed, side effects might show up. One of them is sexual problem called impotence. Steroids cause shrinking of testicles. With it, the drainage of testosterone occurs. As a result, the erection is gone. Even after taking of steroids stops, it takes some time for everything to go back to normal. I have some friends who, also, use steroids for the purpose of body-building. However, they take minimal possible quantities of steroids, and after a week, they stop using it for another week. My advice would be to stay of them, because sexual problems are not the only side effects of steroid use.