Hi. I`ve been taking anabolic steroids. I have always had acne, but now I think the condition of my skin is worse than ever. Can anabolic steroids cause acne as a side effect? What are side effects of anabolic steroids?

Hi. Yeah, anabolic steroids can cause acne. Increased sebaceous gland function can make your skin oily. Oily skin, bacteria and dead skin will clog your pores. This happens very fast, and your body is always one step behind in an attempt to remove them. This is, however, preventable. You can prevent clogged pores by using only particular steroids. You have to cleansing your skin on regular base. You may also try a topical anti-androgen. Side effects of anabolic steroids include elevated cholesterol and blood pressure, hepatotoxicity and alterations in left ventricle morphology.