I have been on the depro provera shot for about 2 years. I have just decided to stop the shot because of weight gain and I want to have my normal cycle back. But I still want to be on a form of birth control, I'm starting to take the pill. Will I get a normal periodvand how long will it be for me to become regular?

Well, the thing is – Depo Provera is almost the same form of birth control as the pills are because they both contain female sex hormones which are responsible for your ovulation and menstrual cycle. If you start the pill immediately after Depo you basically won’t give your body a chance to restore its natural cycle of ovulation and menstruation because birth control pills will just continue to do the same as Depo shots did – they will stop your ovulation. So, you probably would need a complete break from any hormonal kind of contraception to restore your period.

Hey i been on the shot for 9 years and i didnt starting gaining weight until the last 2 years what in the world is really going on