I've been on suboxen for about a year. I'll be doing real well, then for some stupid reason, I'll relapse. I do have alot of cervical problems and am often in pain. Suboxen doesn't elp with pain, so I figure every once in a while I need a break. The Dr.is getting impatient with me.I there anyone else who is using suboxen to get off opiates, but still suffer from pain? oh yaeh otc stuff don't cut it.

Hi! I have been taking pain medication on and off (more on than off) for the last 10 years! I have tried almost everything...never heroin or methadone. I dont do anyother drugs and I very rarely drink. I use to like being high on pain meds, but now I have to take them to function, just to get through the day. I have tappered down so much that I am taking them now just to avoid withdrawl symptoms very rarely will I feel anything off of them...except feeling my heart race telling me I should take another one so I can feel something. I just want to be drug free, like I uses to be! I have a lot going for me and I dont want to loose it!!! I have a beautiful daughter and I am a middle school science teacher, I have never been high while teaching and will only take the pills after my daughter is in bed. I go in 1 week to talk to a doctor about suboxen. At first what I read made the drug sound like a miracle drug, now the more I research and read it seems like it might be just as bad as the vicodins and percocets. I just cant affoard to be sick rite now and those headaches are horrible!! But will suboxen make me sick? Do I have to be experiencing withdrawls before starting suboxen? Should I even start suboxen? Heres the kicker....I am so affraid to loose my teaching job over this I will not claim this on my insurance, it will all be self pay. The doctors office wants $75.00/monthly visit and approximently $300/month for the pills. Thats a lot of money, I am a single mom and just graduated from college...my student loans are just starting to roll in. If it was a quick fix I would be all for it! But now I am reading that people have been on it for over a year, I cant afford that. The only person that knows that I am going through this is my boyfriend, which I have known my entire life (we grew up next door to eachother) he says he is going to be 100% supportive, I know my pain meds have caused a lot of problems with our relationship!! Some of the side effects that I would get caused me to become very moody, addgitated, irritable, mood swings....etc. I dont have many friends or even friends that I can share my problems with! I really need a support group to get through this!!