Is it true that suboxen will help me avoid the withdrawals symptoms I will have from weaning of methadone. I have been taking methadone for 3 years due to injuries and pain I suffered after a car accident. I tried going off once but I had so many problems and felt awful and I was in the middle of my exams that I had to go back just to be “normal”. I heard that suboxone could prevent these withdrawal symptoms from appearing. Any real-life experience?

Yes, it is true that Suboxone and subotex will provide pain-free abstinence from opiates because it is a maintenance medication. However, some people don’t need maintenance drugs and go very well with behavioural therapy. The problem was that you chose a really though period to wean off methadone when you were already stressed out. You should talk to your doctor about the methadone detox, about suboxone need. You also have to be careful with this drug as it is addictive itself and you may experience withdrawal when weaning off of it too.

iam 21 yrs. old a female and also with a man for four years that did drugs with me ( oxy's) we are now on suboxen and yes it helps alot. i just took to many and now iam short 15 so i have to wait to fill it agian. its hard to not have anything to help but think about this are you gonna want to have to take medicine for the rest of your life to feel normal it it sucks i hate this why did i have to even take that first pill. why??? iam currently going through withdrawls right now as i am typing and i feel like c**p. just think it will be over soon.. right ihope

Why would you take more suboxone then you are supposed to take? You don't get high or a eurphoric feeling so why waste it? I just started suboxone a week a go from a 3 year long addiction to oxy, vicodin, percocet, and norco. I have had no withdrawal symptoms and mentally have not missed taking the pain meds. It really has helped me and I find that I am very happy, albeit tired!!

suboxone, from frying pan to the fire. this "miricle pill" will destroy you just as any other opiate. believe me. Get ready, get real, wean and STOP. go to NA and listen. if not, expect a life of misery that you will probably hope will end early and probably will. Get clean. If I did it, ANYONE can!! good luck and god bless ya.

I'm 12 days into suboxone withdrawl and experiencing anxiety, nervous stomach, restlessness, leg pains, though milder as each passing day. Emotions are rampid and I wanna cry at times, other than that, after the first 7-9 days it gets easier. Hang in there folks get your lives back.

God Bless

Freefallin

man im confussed so im been on subs for a few months im out of them so you sayin im bout to withdrawl this is my first day with out one so am i gonna be sick like pill sick???i dont ever want to feel pill sick again in my life so let me know what im facing

it was the best thing i ever did get on suboxen but i had a doctor that just wanted that money every month so when i asked about tapering he would tell me to go slow , after 5 years enough was enough so with another doctors care i went from 3 tabs a day down to 2 mg in the morning in 40 days and i still feel great just follow the right doctors directions and stay away from those money hungry quacks and build a good network of people who are positive , and meetings , meetings ,meetings

How long did it take you to detox from Suboxone? My husband is on nine days right now. My husband has been on Soboxone for 4 years and seeing a doctor. It has been getting too expensive plus having to drive one hour and take off work to go see him and wait another two hours in the office became too much for my husband. His doctor cut him dow from 3 pills a day to two last year . My husband just decided to not go to the doctor anymore and detox himself with the rest and went down to one pill a day until now he has 9 nine days without the soboxone. I read that Soboxone alone can be addicting, so that is another reason my husband decided to detox himself. It has been hard for him , no energy, restless, cant sleep maybe three hours had diarrehea. I have him on the vitamins that he needs to detox like calcium, multi vitamin, b12 1000 mg, l-tyrosine supplement and vitamin c 1000 mg. I have been doing my research to get my husband through this. Last night for the first night he has been able to sleep better,and went to work. I cant wait till this is over because I know he has been going through hell.