That all depends on the drugs you took, how much, how long, and then your suboxone usage.

I snorted Oxycontin for about a year, it started slow, and I was up to taking up to 80 mg sometimes, $1400/mo. drug habit at the height of my usage. Aside from Suboxen, I'm prescribed Lithium and Valium. I was taking valium before, got it off the streets. It helps my chest. I have asthma, pleurisy, and anxiety attacks, so I never took them for pleasure, I don't think they are anyway, but I have friends who want me to give them one, and 19/20 I'll say no.

I "quit" on 6-6-6, I don't believe in the Devil, God, Jesus, whoever. I took about 15 mgs of Vicodin before I went to see this psychiatrist. I came home and took about 90 more mgs, and said, I quit. I have relapsed twice. The first time was about 2 months ago, a very tiny line, and then about 3 weeks ago I did about 20 mgs, but I was on Suboxen, I was on mushrooms that day though, so I gave up Valium for nothing. Good, serves me right, now I won't do it.

My house was broken into, (10) 8 mg Suboxen, 80 Valiums (which pissed me off the most, and they are cheap, I pay about $6 a pill, not to mention $100 bill each time I see my psych, although, I have only paid him $50, not my lithium of course, and my pot. I suspect the neighbor across the street. I've been nothing but nice to her. I think she just uses me for my generousity. She comes over, smokes a joint, she'll actually call and ask me if have any, and will ask if she can come over, and even after the break-in (this has happened before), she sees whats on my table, her boyfriend is a loser, 20 yr heroin addict, she and he have it made it a point that it makes him sick (makes me feel better), so to the point of the story, I went almost 5 days with no suboxen or valium. I felt so bad. I couldn't sleep because of all the pain, bone and muscle, the pain of someone violating me like that, and that being someone I know, it has to be. Shivers never stopped, my heat was at 77 degrees sometimes, still even taking 2 mgs of suboxen, I'll wake up, with a frozen shirt, very damp, I felt also like I had the worst fever in my life. Depression is constant, but the withdrawals lessen each day, but at a very slow, slow pace, but every day it gets easier, so you always have something to look forward.

I have 20 left, the key is to taper until your taking a mg or less, and to take it less often, for instances, I always take mine either before I sleep, or in the morning, depends on how I feel, what I'm doing.

I'm going to tell myself to enjoy the pain once I go cold turkey from sub. Every time I feel pain, I'll tell myself, I did this to me, so don't ever ever do this again, though I have a small feeling inside my head that I would like to do it once after a year or so being clean. I have friends who have taken oxys more than just a couple of times, hundreds of dollars, just never got addicted, because they didn't depend on it, do it every single day.

One thing that has helped me, and someone who is in between jobs like myself, or someone who has time or money, is to go on vacation to wherever in the world you've always wanted to go. A new environment, away from friends and dealers, its an amazing help, I bet anyone who has done the samething as I did felt the same way, please reply if you have, or reply anyway, I'm very interested in listening to everyone, and everyone's problems and success.

I'm in the Netherlands as we speak, and my withdrawals have gone down, which is what my friend told me a month ago when he went to Miami. I love Amsterdam, has everything I want, freedom you couldn't imagine in the States, and its not just going to coffeeshops smoking the best pot and hash in the world, or going to smartshops, getting shrooms (I've done shrooms a bunch, I took them for the first time 2 days ago, did it once, very small amount, liked it, and then started doing them a couple times a month in the last 5 months, and I never get sick off those soft drugs, and they help in the rehabiliation process, but everyone is different.

Whats really funny, is that the first time I came, I tried to get Vicodin, the pharmacist told me they don't even have that drug in their country. They know its a killer, so they legalize soft drugs, and whats even funnier is that my friend I'm staying with is 39, her and the 5 friends I've met of hers have NEVER even tried it. Go to Amsterdam, you'll see Americans, Brits, countries with harsher laws. Our dragonian laws have made Americans resorting to other drugs such as alcohol, which is evil, I quit when I was 21, but I drank every night like I do with pot (I smoke pot at 9 am sometimes too), and always felt sick, didn't go to college, would wake up at 2 pm, didnt have a job, and my roommate beat his girlfriend anytime they drank, after 3 months were kicked out it was that bad, and they just started drinking. Tobacco is bad too, but it won't impair you and in the process you won't have the possibility of killing a family of 4 because you wanted to drink and drive. I'm no hypocrit, I drove drunk a couple times, and I'm very ashamed of it, but after the drinking pretty much vanished, I really reflected and understood that that was a drug I never wanna mess with, just like Oxycontin. Even with Oxy's, someone who is at home snorting oxys isnt hurting anyone but themselves.

I have maxed out all my credit cards, 14k in all, used mostly for drugs, my house will be on foreclosure, my business operations have stopped, my partner and I are just waiting to collect everything owed, settle everything, close the corporation. That had nothing to do with drugs, Flint's economy, Michigan in general is the worst, Flint is rated #1 economy-wise, and they are the #3 Most Dangerous cities in America, Detroit is #1. The pain of quitting will be worth it someday, it won't be right away, so don't ever relapse, its just going to be more pain at the end, I wish everyone can just remember that from my post, and that I feel for everyone in here, and depresses me that we are all going through this mess, but, with support, which is what we do here, we can ALL get clean, we can do this together.

Hey Steely Dan,

Love that band!!! You sound so melancholy. I hope you get well. I know I had to get out of my element to start the process. I have had a life long addiction to relationships and drugs (any and all). Done some crazy stupid things in 34 years man!!!!! I have only recently kept single for about a year. Got my own place w/ my daughter and went back to the Methadone clinic (for the 2nd time) I will switch to Suboxone soon as a transition to INDEPENDANCE! I'm hoping it will soften the blow of side effects from detoxing. I am taking Lexapro for depression and that helps. Sometimes I feel lonely cuz' I have no friends, just my daughter and my mom. I have a hard time relating to others and trusting people. I still isolate myself I guess. Anyway Tips? dawnsunrisemarie at yahoo

Wow, you are truly a mess! Why can't you just wise up? Get into a rehab, work the steps. Drugs, drugs, drugs, How awfully boring! What about love, flowers, success, children and love? get some help or you will die.

? Would someone contact me as soon as possible... I am trying to find out of suboxen is addicting. My boyfriend was on pain pills for almost 2 years and is now using suboxen to help himself get off but he dont want to go from one thing to another. Please let us know your experiance with it! ?

i was eating painkillers for 2 years now.started half (yellow)perc 10mg.
then went to whole then to oxycodone 30 mg. then to what ever would get me high or feel no pain. or sratch the itch. then i went to a doc and got 180 roxys a month eating them snorting them what ever worked any were from 5 a day to 10 a day became serouis problem .sad thing is i didnt care at the moment i was on a cloud.at work at home what ever didnt matter.then it came to point to were i couldnt take it any more got my hands on suboxen , now this is my second day off pain pills and on suboxen.first day i felt great. today lil achy bordem is a killer u have to keep your mind busy even thow with boxen i felt no urges to eat nothing but the way i did it was someone told me u have to wait 24 hrs b4 u eat suboxen so i got a bunch of xanax.took off work just in case anything.i slept the 20 hrs when i woke up i didnt wait 24 hrs,i just ate the suboxen.i got lil sweats at first then it kicked in and i felt great so hoping today will be same i advise to keep busy and u will b fine eating boxen but they are addictive so becarefull i only have enough for 4 days so hopefully it is enough.........

wish u guys best of luck and dont no if u puff a lil weed but that helps too..... saved me i feel so great off those pills hope u guys do too best of luck to all and dont worry it could always be worse cant rain all the time 8) 8) :D :D

Your story is amazing and I wish you the gest of choices. My story is relatable but MUCH more intense. Im 27 and have struggled with addiction for 15 years. Only 10 of which were opiates. I started with vikes and quickly went to oxys and before I knew it I was a full blown heroin addict. Im talkin 50 bags of heroin a day, maybe more. Im currently on Suboxen and it really is a great way to get over the cravings but very easy to get addicted to. Not so much physically but mentally. As opiate addicts our brain thinks that we need something everyday to be able to function and by taking subs we are feeding into the mental part and the physical. Ive been thru WD atleast 12 times probably more and from my experience we only NEED subs for 10-14 days to get over the WD. But its not that easy to stop cuz of the mental part. Opiates are just as much mental as they are physical. Ive detoxed in jail and it definitely isnt as bad as being on the streets cuz you know you cant get it. But put me on the streets where I know Ican get it and Imdyin with withdrawal. Subs are great if only taken for a short time.

hi every 1 i am 26 years old. been on opiates for many years. Got on suboxen 2 years ago but that 2 years of my life is like blank. i traveled alot to ski. It use to be a passion of mine now its just something to do. When u do something so much u should atleast enjoy it. that right there is the reason i made my decision to start my life over. Coming off at a quarter a day. Thought that was good enough haha! Taper more. Did my first week in the Rocky Mountains Utah. Spend most my time in hot tubs and like 6 hot showers a day that might sound like alot but it helps so much. I am now on day 14 back at home feeling better but i still dont sleep just lay here most of every night and think about the first day of the rest of my life. These last 2 weeks of insomnia is really hard but also a pretty blunt reminder that i never wanna go through this again. ANY REPLYS R GOOD NO BS PLEASE!

Im sorry you r post was over a year ago, but here is my husbands story and yes suboxone is addicting. My husband has been on Soboxone for 4 years and seeing a doctor. It has been getting too expensive plus having to drive one hour and take off work to go see him and wait another two hours in the office became too much for my husband. His doctor cut him dow from 3 pills a day to two last year . My husband just decided to not go to the doctor anymore and detox himself with the rest and went down to one pill a day until now he has 9 nine days without the soboxone. I read that Soboxone alone can be addicting, so that is another reason my husband decided to detox himself. It has been hard for him , no energy, restless, cant sleep maybe three hours had diarrehea. I have him on the vitamins that he needs to detox like calcium, multi vitamin, b12 1000 mg, l-tyrosine supplement and vitamin c 1000 mg. I have been doing my research to get my husband through this. Last night for the first night he has been able to sleep better,and went to work.

i wish i cud go away but i am a mother ... i switched from meth to subs.... n found it hard to leave alone everytime i tried to stop i couldnt function and take care of my baby who i love more than anything... this is why i am so eager to leave this evil substance alone for good... recently my ins ran out so w the lil bit of meds i have left i have tapered down to 1 mg n if i try to skip a day like i did the other day... i am useless to the world... the scariest part is the prolonged w/d as opposed to heroin which is 5 days n then ur brand new... i refuse n am more than ready to leave this stuff alone... i kno the pain n experience of goin thru this unbearable w.d. symptoms will deter me from ever goin back that plus by babies i gotta be there for... i am thinkin bout goin into a residential program that will allow me to take my child with me its 28 days blackout without him n the detox process ... the worse part usually ends after 10-14 days but it could take mos. b4 u feel 100 % but i am willing to do whatever it takes... support is key thanks for listening best of luck to u n the rest of us out there suffering from this evil substances.... i jus ask if u cud please send a prayer for me ! thank u much love peace n happiness