Hi, I am 21 and have for the past year and half heroin habit. Been on the Methadone, but condition has no progress. I have heard for Suboxen, please tell me more?

Hi, I am 25 and on Suboxen 5 days, and its truly help full. No cravings, no sickness, precise sleep. Doc prescribed me valium. Good luck

My boyfriend has been on suboxen for over a year and he is doing fine.

The only draw back is that it is expesive, and if you don't have some medical in place, trying to pay for it on your own can be scary. but what is the alternitive.

Because it is such a new drug not alot of Dr's perscribe it. You have to find a clinic or a Dr, to go through.

Sometimes the Dr's and clinics have rules that you have abide by in order to get it perscribed. Like going to classes a couple times a month or other things.

In all I think it's worth it to have your life back.

You must try suboxen. I was a hardcore addict, they don't tell you at rehab that suboxen will kill all your cravings period, they want to make money. It really works!

I have been on suboxone for just one day, and I'm not really happy... I want to stop and go off and do other things... what i really need is a support system. Which I have none.. I'm going it alone... I'm not whining. Bottom line, what will happen to me if I slip? This drug was given to me, i really don't know all that much about it..

Addiction is a complex problem that effects just about every aspect of your life. There is no "magic bullet" nor is there a "one-size fits all" solution. We are all different, and the severity of the problem can differ from person to person. Addiction science is a relatively new field, and we are only just beginning to understand some of the processes that occur. The more we learn, the more evident it is becoming that addiction is not always a matter of moral deficiency and choice; it may start out as the result of making a bad choice and having a careless attitude, but it can soon turn the person with noble character and will of iron into a desperate addict compromising his own ethics to satisfy that need. Some of the other addictions, habits and tendencies might be a little easier to tackle with just support; and perhaps some people do not get quite as addicted as others, but for some of us it's an uphill battle from that first high on. I believe I'm one of those unfortunate people. I care deeply about others and have developed a strong sense of right and wrong; yet drug addiction has reduced me to something I'm ashamed of more than once. I am currently on a Methadone Maintenence program and hope to one day be free of it; I quit Methadone once before and found myself just as unhappy and eventually just as out of control. I'm still trying to figure out why and where I went wrong. As I age past fifty and as the toll on my health manifests I wonder if I'll see the day when I've overcome it. In some ways I have, and I've had more success on Methadone than anything else I've tried; and this is including a few years of clean time; but clean time with white knuckles, never feeling quite right and struggling with temptation at the slightest hint of a "possible high" is no way to live either.
I am now dependant on Methadone; which I will tell you, I am not crazy about it; but it's given me my life back; being dependant on a drug that doesn't get you 'high' and takes the craving away is a complete about face from living with an addiction to a drug that gets you high and you must take every few hours; as much as methadone sucks at times (and the hardest part is that there are so many restrictions at the clinics it feels like your on parole sometimes) it does beat the alternative - which by that I mean active addiction. When someone says they're on methadone but there is 'no progress' I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that you still use? If you still use, then you are under-dosed. When Methadone was first used, and implemented in a program (initiated by Doctors Dole and Nyswander) they stated that the dose was to be titrated up until cravings are eliminated. I tried for years with the "less is best" approach and had NO success; I drank ahead and used every chance I had; once I took ownership of my own recovery and actually took my dose up until there were NO cravings did I have success; I've now been completely drug free (except for Methadone) for about three years - I am just now beginning to feel like I can start to titrate down and maybe get off of methadone without the nagging compulsion to use; one of my imagined scenarios is to titrate down to about 30 milligrams, then switch to Bup. (suboxen)

I have heard very good things about Bup, I've heard good things about Bup by itself and I've heard of success with Methadone and Bup together (not actually together but first methadone, then bup, then opiate free)
Like I said in the beginning of my post I believe it's different for each addict. There are so many factors involved; unfortunately we're left with trial and error as the only route - but that said; you know your body best; you'll know relatively quickly whether or not bup will work or not; I personally plan to begin my detox at a single milligram at a time decrease and if it becomes difficult at all I'm staying or going up. It might take me months, even years to actually complete the detox and switch to bup, but they say that the longer you take the better your chances are at success.

For more factual information on Bup (suboxen) this link is very informative. Check out the FAQ's - it's answered alot of my questions.

http://www.naabt.org/

you're not happy??

suboxen is an amazingly helpful drug if you are addicted to oxycontin.

if you take the right dosage (which is different for everyone) all withdrawal symptoms subside. you feel completely normal.

why do you want to go off of it and what does "do other things" mean exactly??