I was on all pain meds, methadone, oxycodone, etc. Did a rapid detox, most awful thing I'd ever done. My pain is reduced, yet I find myself needing to take oxcodone to go to a movie, and then on the days I have little pain I still want to take it. Will the suboxen help me. "Does it have pain reducing elements in it?

I went thru detox and rehab for a sever opiate addiction 2 years ago. They put me on suboxone. Suboxone is an opiate blocker, it allowes you to stop taking pain meds without withdrawing. However you still have to wean off that and it's just as hard. Its taken me 2 years to wean off suboxone. Its been a long road but damn worth it. About the pain... I have 3 heriated dsks in me back and neck, migraines, fibromyalgia, and no large intestine due to ulcerative clolitis. I a nut shelll I have a lot of pain. The first few months of coming off med to suboxone sucked. But as my body got healthier my pain got less. U c when u take pain meds every day your own body stops creating its own natural pain killers because u r chemically suppling tehm. As they flush out of ur system ur gunna hurt, but soon your body says, oh I need to start that again.. once. Ur body heals and detoxs u will actually be in less pain without the drugs then u were on them. I can promise u fighting thru weaning ad withdrawing is worth it! The freedom of not being dependent is unexplainble. Also did u know some of the side affects of opiates are headaches and back pain? Yup 2 years clean and rarely a headache or nagging back pain. My dsks will bother me from time to time but physical therapy hs been a blessing. My advise... tapper of the meds slowly, find what spiritually grounds you, find a support netwok, weather thru church , NA, something that can build ur inner strength. Find your God, dve into what u love, art, fishing, kids,.... whatever brings u peace and joy embrace it! Make sure u have a supportive health care provider, suboxone is ok but just as dangerous as opiates. I would recomend a holistic approch, but veryone is unique. Don't give! Fight your cravings! Pray & and pray some more. God bless and best of luck!