I just transfered to suboxen, I was taking about 15mg of methadone, and some tramadol and vicodin. Yesterday was my first day with the suboxen and I got pretty sick and my legs feel like they have lead in them. I don't have any cravings which is wierd, but I don't feel all good and energetic like I would with the other opiates. I take opiates to function, I have a good job but have missed the last few days because I can't stand for long and I still have the stomach cramps and stuff. How long will it take, or will I ever feel good like I did on the other stuff with this suboxen. My boyfriend just got on it too, he was on heroin, how long do you think it'll take him to be ok

I AM SWITCHING FROM METHADONE TO SUBOXONE. AM I GOING TO BE SICK? HOW LONG? I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF 2 KIDS AND STILL WORK. I HAVE NO FAMILY TO HELP ME HERE IN THE STATE I LIVE IN . PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN WHAT IM GOING TO GO THROUGH.

i have been taking suboxone for 6 months and am in the process of tapering down. i am currently taking 2mg once a day. compared to heroin or oxycontin withdrawal suboxone withdrawal is mild to moderate discomfort but definitly less acute than the latter. the longer you are on suboxone, the longer it will take to get off it. it has turned my life around and allows me to function and be normal. Methadone is worse than heroin. take suboxone to help withdrawals and get off of it asap. you'll feel lousy for a while after you stop taking it but nothing compared to heroin, oxy, or methadone.

If you're on a fairly low dose of Methadone (below 20mg) the switch is relatively painless to suboxone. I had my one day where I took nothing, then my switch day (on my first day of suboxone I stayed home from work) then I was back at work the following day. The best part is about 4 mo's later I was able to quit the suboxone, with no pain at all. I had a bad cavity on my bottom tooth and when I would put the pill under my tongue it would send me through the roof because of the cavity, so I quit taking it and surprisingly I was just fine. I know this won't work for everybody, it all depends on where you're at in your life and how bad you want to be free of opiates. Once you make a decision that you're done, and its real and for you, not family or husband, kids or friends, but because you and you alone want to be free, you will make it. The withdrawal is 75% mental, if not more. I came off 100mg of M-Done going down 10 a week for 2 1/2 mo.'s and was sick for the entire year. I just wasn't ready. A few years later I came off 120mg cold and was fine in 2wks. Even during those 2wks I still slept and was able to eat a little, but I felt really weak and the depression was probably the worst of it, but I was more then ready to be done with the sh*t and I stayed strong, told myself over and over that it was tolerable, that I was fine, and all I had to do was hang on one more day and tomorrow would be better. Each day got better, I continued talking to myself, stayed busy (very important), and surrounded myself with my family and clean friends. It really does work and the withdraw doesn't have to be painful and endless you just have to be ready. You have to stay strong, talk yourself through it, write lists of all the things you want to accomplish but haven't been able to, and make steps to turn you lists into reality. You WILL make it, the withdrawal won't kill you, and you'll walk away feeling stronger then you have in your entire life. Good luck

TML2803 wrote:

Yes, as others have said, it all depends on your dose. I was NOT prepared for what I went thru. I have been sick for 7-8 days. I was on methadone a long time and at 40 mgs. I only did without 3 days before I started on suboxone and it sent me into a horrific withdrawal; vomiting more than half the day. I have lots of pets and a daughter and had to have a friend come over and take care of all of us for a couple days. I'm still getting my strength back after losing 10 pounds. I just read that someone said they came off 120 mg of methadone in two weeks and managed fine. Well I tried to come off just 10 mg. of methadone over the period of a month and missed two weeks of work. I lost 12 pounds that time. I guess everyone is different; it's definitely NOT in your head when you are vomiting all day long! I never in my life want to go thru this again so I won't go back to opiates for ANYTHING! What a waste of years and thousands and thousands of dollars... makes you sick to think about it. But you have to pick up the pieces and move on; it's the only option we have! Good luck.... 8)

I have been on methadone for 4 years now...blah- I'm now down to 15 mg's and starting on suboxen tomorrow. i COMPLETELY understand and agree with whoever said it's mostly mental. Undoubtedly, it's EXTREMELY uncomfortable and causes depression. Within this four years, I have done many. many days without. I've wanted nothing more than to be able to get out and mow the grass or go out with my friends without having to depend on something to make me feel normal. That's the mental part of it (for me anyhow). I worry that....I've been on opiates and then methadone for six years now.... I feel completely normal, when I quit, am I EVER going to be able to feel normal again without drugs? I hate looking out and seeing my neighbor mowing or people that keep their house perfect and I've gotten to the point where I think to myself...."How do people do these things without drugs?" It hasn't been so long that I've forgotten that I myself used to be drug free with tons of energy. I had my son 4 years ago and dropped everything (including cigarettes) cold turkey. Even being pregnant, I couldn't remember how long it had been since I felt that good. I felt great when I was clean. That is what I try to keep in mind to motivate me to quit. To be honest, I'm just scared. I too have two kids. I would NEVER, no matter how I felt, neglect them. But it's still hard when you're going through withdrawals. I want to be clean for my family. I know I'm a great mom =) There's just that one thing I need to take care of. Like I said, I will be starting on the Sbxn tomorrow. I'll check back in within a couple days and let you all in on my experience. We can all do this- I've thought so many times how I'm a horrible person for this. But things happen. In my case, my mom passed away. Before that, I already had problems with anxiety since I was a little girl, then depression starting around 13 or 14. When she was gone, it hit hard. Someone handed me a Lortab a couple days after she passed, and that was all she wrote. I used opiates to numb, and then it turned into needing them for normalcy. So many (drug free) people think that we look or act a certain way. I can tell you now, there are people that have known me for years that would sh*t if I told them I was an addict. Yep, it's something I keep between me and a few family members. If you saw me on the street, you would never think I was the "type" to take drugs. Like I said, things happen, that doesn't make us bad people. The way I look at it, if you're posting in this forum, you're obviously on the right track and wanting to better your life. Sorry to go on and on, but it feels good to let people know the story behind my addiction and to give my opinion on life =) Thanks for listening and the best of luck to everyone who reads- Kim =)

Me again from above... so this is my second day on the sbxn, and I actually feel really, really good. I don't mean like GREAT!!!, but I expected to feel somewhat crappy, and I don't what-so-ever. I actually feel normal, lol.... that is an amazing feeling XD It was so empowering today when my husband asked if I wanted to go with him to get my little man a Nintendo DS today, and I actually FELT like going! I have been a lot less moody. I didn't even notice that I was before. But things that would normally drive me nuts (like a woman walking right into me at Wal-Mart today.. I mean ppl act like they're in a race for their lives in there) didn't really bother me at all. I just feel...... happy. Like my mind is in a good place... where it should be. I am so happy, I can't even explain. I feel like I've been given another chance at life :-D The ONLY con: my back is a tad achy today. If you're a female, it's about like when you start. But anywho, I'm ecstatic- Go for it! Go for it! For sure... you will NOT regret it! Again, good luck to everyone =)

just wanted to share my experience with oxycontin withdrawals. i started taking Oxycontin recreationally for the first time maybe 3 years ago. i dabbled here and there but nothing serious until about the last 2 years. that's when i started upping my usage but for the first year and a half i simply ate them like you're supposed to.

about 6-9 months ago a friend of mine introduced me to the snorting method. i never ate another one, i always snorted the pills after that. i went as high as 160mg a day spread out over several snorting sessions a day. typically though, i'd probably be snorting around 40mg a day.

i am on day 17 of my withdrawals and i STILL feel like garbage. i constantly feel like i have the flu. i also have EXTREME feelings of adrenaline buildup in my forearms and my calves.

on the third day of my withdrawals i started using Suboxen to alleviate the symptoms. i would take a 2mg am and another 2mg pm. seemed to help at first but after awhile i noticed that i couldn't sleep. now, this is almost impossible to describe, but the way it would feel would be like as soon as my body was in a horizontal position and i'd close my eyes that it would feel as though by body was in a freefall. i'd abruptly open my eyes and have to jump up. it felt as though my body would shut down permanently if i didn't stand up. i know, it sounds weird but there it is.

so i gave up the Suboxen maybe 4 days ago and i can finally sleep again. i was doing relatively ok for awhile but now i'm sick as hell again. i just want to feel normal. most sites i've visited make it sound as though you get off Oxycontin and you'll be fine in a week but i surely haven't found that to be true. maybe because i've taken the Suboxen in between my withdrawal from Oxycontin to now i've actually slowed my recovery, i don't know. all i know is i'd rather suffer for awhile rather than take the Suboxen. it helps to a degree but i'm convinced it has made my withdrawals worse. i dunno.

my husband is been on 150 fentyl patches and daltos however you spell he started eating patches npw is wanting to get off and is is withdrals using clondine klopin and now we have a few suboxone but he has been is withdrawl for 2 days no meds and so how long will it take for the suboxone to work[

i am a 42 year old man , ive never been addicted to anything , I dont smoke , i dont drink and never took anything for pain , not even aspirin.. about 6 months ago i was diagnosed with 5 flattened discs ( I was thrown out of a car in 2000) ,and when i was young i was hit by a car and wrecked my leg hip and back , ( time just caught up to me) because now i have severe pain in my lower back . I was told by my doctor that this was chronic and i would have to deal with this for the rest of my life ... I dont want any more operations so I followed my doctors orders ( 5 mg of oxycodone every 2-4 hours and as needed also). Well that dose went up to 10 mgs every 4-6 hours ..150 pills a month.. Your body gets used to it and you need more for it to work as i was told... I had about half my pills stolen about two weeks ago leaving me with none ..since i stared taking them i have never had a break longer than 1 day . I have now started going through withdrawal maybe 2 days after my last intake of my medicine..WOW I cant believe what i am going through the pain is almost unbearable . I feel like i am dieing at times. this pain is horrible. I will try anything to feel better than this ..how do people keep going through this pain over and over ( withdrawal ) It is worse than being stabbed , shot , hit by and thrown from a car ...all that i have suffered.. If suboxone is the relief i need how do i ask for it ...being i have never been addicted to anything and still need something for my pain WHAT CAN I DO???I am sorry for the length of this blog but i really need some help.. thanks for listening , and GOD BLESS

Hello, ive been using oxys for past 6+ months, it started as a pain reliver for my shoulder and turned into drug abuse. I can very easly find any drug which is one of the reason why i got hooked on oxys in a first place. I tarted takin half a pill a day 15mg and towards the end 2 days ago i used to take 3-5 pills 30mg each. After going through last witdrawl 4 weeks ago wich was just hell, i swear i wished i was dead, it was o bad that i couldnt take it i had to get back on oxys. After searching the web i decided i needed to get on soboxene, i just needed to get of this blue devil, thats how i call oxys. well like i said earlier i can find any drug by just making a phone call, which in this case will save my life. It is 1:20 am rewind back at 8am this morning i woke up and only had 15mg of oxys which i decided to be my last oxy, i made a call and got me some suboexene. I serched THE net and found out that this "suboxene" drug is a gods gift, so i was willing to give it a shot, i jut couldnt see my self continuing to use oxys, my life was going down and it was going down fast. I know i am better person then this. Well i did take my last half around 8am this morning then i got 5 soboxens, well i waited for my withdrawls to kick in, which it doesnt take very long since i had to use 30mg of oxys every few hours and knowing that i only took half well witdrawls werent 2 far away. Well about 4 hours later i started feeling like sh*t, and i took my suboxene. I only took half of n8 <--- which is 8mg pill. Well about 30 minutes later i felt very tired and it made me sleep. I slept for 3 hours in a middle of the day which doent happen every day. I woke and like a NEW man. For some reason it felt good, not like a high but like a normal person. I was loving every minute of it. About 6 hours later i took anoter half, even though i didnt feel the need to take it, i just wanted to make sure that i take enough of subs for at least first day total 8mg. Now its 1:30 am, and i still feel fine, i feel very good. Tomorrow i will take another half and then at night another half, following morning i will cut down to a 1/4 and i will com back here to tell you guys how i feel. So far so good. I know this pill effects people differently, but in my opinion you have to want to get off the drugs, you have to be ready and willing, you have to set your mind. Hope it helps you as its helping me.

I was pretty hooked on opiotes (heroin) (couldn't go for more than 8 hrs without feeling bad). Well, I stopped at around 6pm. By the next mid-morning I was feeling pretty aweful. At 11 am the Dr. gave me a suboxone tab. Within 40 min I was feeling better - not great mind you. I went home to bed. I took my 2nd suboxone at night. The night was not comfortable. I spent day 2 in bed and felt like I had the flu. Day 3 I was beginning to feel better. By day 4 - I was almost 100% - was working - feeling pretty good. I began cutting down - 1/4 tab worth each 2 days. I am now have gone almost two weeks and I am almost weened off suboxone with no discomfort. That stuff is a life saver!!!

When deciding to start - you dont have to be in major withdrawls - you olny need to be mild-modereate. As long as it is taken sublingal (under your tongue) - it will not induce withdrawls.

Find a Dr that you can work with. This is do-able!!! You can make it! It is 48 of flu like symptoms then you are home free!

i have also been like you, no one knows, 12 years of opiates then meth, however i just took 30mg of meth with the opiates to get by, i have been off the meth for 3 weeks, dumped the subutex yesterday but have not felt right once yet, evrything on my body aches and legs like lead, if they don't go away i don't see any other choice than going back , i can't go on like this!!

I could rite a bunch but ill just say what hapened I continued to take mds pritty much whatever would make me not sick anymore, for about six months the whole time I had a bottle of sobixine in front of my face well that is on my cabnet rite next to where I take my other mds oxy, morp, vics. And I also would read discussions like these so you have to be mentaly ready also with other needs to want to stop and also something I read earlier that is the only reason I stoped this morning is that I could take still after already taking a does of mds earlier this morning now I don't know if this is ok for everyone but you guys should deffinatly keep talking about that subject cause its the only way and reason I stoped . Thank you

I just want you to know that I was in a car wreck several years ago and i was also put on pain meds and they screwed up my life. At first they made me feel better but after time I needed more and more to fix the pain. Finally I heard about suboxone and looked which doctors were able to prescribe them and I have been on Suboxone for about 4 mo now and I am better than I ever was before. My life is back to NORMAL and on top of that I have had ZERO back pain. I have 4 slipped disc and nerve problems that run through and down my left leg. I feel better than I ever did before and you would never think that I have a bad back the way I move around now. Also when you take it you dont feel messed up like when you take other pain meds. Hope things get better for you and god bless.