My husband has low sperm count, an increased number of immature sperm cells, sperm with long tapered heads, and low motility. I found out that these abnormalities occur when the pituitary is suppressed by increased levels of adrenal androgens. I also find that cortisone injection therapy can help him, but the problem is that I read somewhere that cortisone injections are causing the low testosterone level. Maybe I should just stay away, but we are only 3 years together and I want kids soon. Is that problem with his testicles or something else?

First, I have to tell you that I am not doctor, so everything I say here you need to be checked. The testicles do produce the male hormone testosterone. However, his brain and his pituitary gland, located at the base of the brain, produce chemicals that tell his testicles when to make testosterone and when to make sperm. Without these signals from the brain and pituitary, his testicles may fail to mature and fail to make sperm. I read somewhere about congenital adrenal hyperplasia, although it is rare condition, it sound to me like your husband has symptoms of it. In this case cortisone replacement therapy will lower his androgens and allow his pituitary to function normally, so indirectly, cortisone replacement therapy will elevate your sperm count.