Hi, I have been wondering a lot about the illnesses that could attack a little child. I guess you already realized that I am a future father (in about three months) and while reading all those books about the child’s care and health, I have to admit that I never imagined there could be so many different diseases and illnesses. So, what about poliomyelitis, what would be the best methods for eliminating the effects of that condition. I know there is a vaccine, but is it that effective?

Well, you should know that vaccine itself should be 100% effective. Actually, that vaccine has been applied ever since a cheap, safe form was made in the 60’s. But sadly, this vaccine has not yet entered all parts of the world. So, there are still some cases of this condition in undeveloped areas. Let’s hope that vaccination for polio will become a standard procedure there too.