DO PEOPLE GET MEASLES AFTER VACCINATED WITH MEASLES OR MMR VACCINE?

Measles vaccine and MMR vaccine is very efficient. Two doses are always given. The first dose is given after the age 1, anywhere between 12 and 15 months. The initial dose provides immunity to 95-98% of the children vaccinated. However, the second dose must be administered in case the first dose didn’t provide immunity. It is given some years later between the age 4 and 6 before a child starts school but it could be given 4 weeks after the first one.
These two doses protect and give immunity to 99% of the people vaccinated. If you suspect measles, make sure you see a doctor. They can be diagnosed by a blood work done.

It IS possible. My child was vaccinated when she was smaller and was diagnosed with the measles.

So can my 14 month old daughter possibly have it, she has all the symptoms, but she has had her 1st vaccination?

My daughter received her vaccination at 12 months and has just today been diagnosed with measles at 23 months - and to think I agonised over the MMR for what? She got the measles anyway.

SUJANA wrote:

Both of my children got their MMR vaccinations, and they have both since contracted Rubella, and my son has also had the measles. When they were diagnosed, I said to the doctor that they had both been vaccinated, and he just shrugged and said "sometimes you get a bad batch". Funny that doctors use scare tactics on parents to get them to vaccinate, and yet when your child actually gets the disease, it's treated like it's no big deal.

Danny wrote:

Reply to Danny "Measles vaccine and MMR vaccine is very efficient" -- Really? That may be your opinion. But that´s all it is. "The initial dose provides immunity to 95-98% of the children vaccinated" -- Really? Until you prove that this claim is true, it´s just wishful thinking. "These two doses protect and give immunity to 99% of the people vaccinated" -- Really? Again, until you prove that this claim is true, it´s nothing more than wishful thinking. Anyone can claim anything. But without reliable science to back it up, as in your case, it´s just your own opinion. Nothing more. Besides, why don´t you mention the very real danger of suffering serious side effects from the measles/rubella vaccinations? Thousands upon thousands of people have been permanently crippled, suffering brain damage and other central nervous system injuries. This is what you should have informed about, instead of acting like a Big Pharma sales agent.

Lars K wrote:

Danny wrote:

And so the pot calls the kettle... I mean seriously, you bash someone for not using citations then don't use them yourself.

There is a special website for the Centers for Disease Control, that you can look up, where there is a place to report "adverse events" as they refer to children having illnesses after being vaccinated. You will have to provide quite a lot of information, but then the CDC will contact your doctor for the batch number and other factors about the vaccine that was given to your child.

I think what Lars K is saying to you is that you are stating, very authoritatively, about the efficacy of the Measles and MMR vaccines, without giving citations. When a person is speaking that factually, a citation should be used to back it up, or it does remain "your opinion" without proven medical research and definitive proof that what you say is factual. My daughter got the measles after she got her first Measles/MMR shots, and it was just brushed off back in 1994. But, when my son got his 10th grade Tetanus booster, last year (2011), the next day he had a very stiff neck and a headache. I called his doctor, and they scheduled an appointment for him to go back and be seen that same day. I also called the Center for Disease Control and they took an "Adverse Event" report on my son's case, and contacted my doctor for other information such as the batch number, and what not. So, I can see the concern for lack of evidence/proof of your statements.

I totally agree with what you say..my doctor agreed with me as I was against putting all sorts of stuff into my baby..it is the indivuals choice as to weather you have a child vaccinated and at the end of the day they can still contract the virus.even when having the vaccine...I do relise and was told that if they are vaccinated then they will catch the virus but only mildy...My doctors also told me that it is very rare we have major epidemics of various diseases...my children are all grown up now and not one has contacted measles or chicken pox..i now give them the choice as to weather they want to be vaccinated or not...I also agree with you that it is made a BIG THING to have children treated but wen a child actually does get the disease they shrug it off ...as if to brush it under the carpet!!!!!

My granddaughter who just turned one got the measles right after the getting the measles shot. Could she have gotton the measles from the shot?

i am 63 - had measles, mumps, chicken pox along with almost every kid in the US. nothing in the news - it was a normal childhood illness. now its breaking news that 70 kids have it and spread over several states. my kids both had the shots - and my older son still got measles - when he was 20 yr old ! we had these illnesses - death and side effects were rare - there are people that die from complications of flu every year. you have a much higher chance of dying from cancer or heart disease than any of these childhood diseases and I am starting to believe that all these immune system issues / allergies etc are because of all the people in the last 50 years that have all these immunizations - the immune system is messed up now

There is science to document the success rate of these vaccines. The disease had been all but eradicated until the anti-vax movement began. I have not seen the science behind the claims that "thousands upon thousands" have had such tremendously adverse effects as you claim. As a PICU nurse, I have seen non-vaccinated children die from preventable diseases. Hold a dying child like that in your hands, and perhaps your ideas about vaccines would change. Bring that child to the morgue, and tell me your thoughts might not sway. If you have a link regarding the research and data provided on the thousands who have suffered detrimental effects from the vaccine, please provide it. I'd like to read what you are reading.

Before entering nursing school, and a field in which I'd most likely to be exposed to various diseases, I had titers drawn to check my levels of immunity to certain diseases, including measles. Our immunities can run low, and it's usually recommended to re-issue those vaccines that which your titers are low. Your son may have lost immunity to that particular disease, and he would have had no reason to have his titers checked. Vaccines are the best way to protect yourself against disease, but nothing in this world is 100%. You are correct, people die from the flu each year. But those vaccinated typically suffer a lesser course of the illness and do not develop the complications. And viruses mutate, as they are expected to do. Flu shots offer the best protection, but again, are not 100%. Your claim that people (assuming all ages) have a higher have a better chance at dying from heart disease and cancer fails to accurately take into consideration the variables and genetics (and chance) that affect these health issues. I believe that's an inaccurate "blanket" statement. Your concern regarding our natural immunity is valid, but I think there are FAR more variables in play with that than just vaccines.