Hello, I am a mother of the one year old girl. I am supposed to take her to the vaccination and I must admit that I am new for all this. She has to take the shot of the DPT vaccine and I would like to know if there are some side effects because of it. If there are, what are they? Will they harm my little girl?

DPT vaccine is the regular part of the child’s immunization. It is important that the child does not have an egg allergy, because there is a substance similar to that in the egg that is a part of the vaccine structure. There might be some small inflammation at the shot spot. Actually, side effects occurrence does depend on the type of vaccine that has been given.

Well first thing to know is the meaning of DPT. It stands for diphtheria, perussis and tetanus. The vaccine is a combination for prevention of these three infection diseases. When I took my boys for the vaccination, I had the similar questions in my head back then. But as I was told, the side effects are really rare. I think the only possible side effect is an allergic reaction. But I think that the risk is much greater if you don’t bring your child for the vaccination.
A reaction that child can have after the vaccination is pain in the area of vaccine administration and slight fever. But all should disappear in few hours and your child will be safe.

I had one in the 80s i'm 33 years old now and i did have a side effect..... i did not grow skin for over 5 years and had to be kept inside the house at all times when i did grow skin i had sever eczema and still deal with it today