Hello, I am 32 years old and I somehow managed to get pregnant after almost two years of no success. And I admit that I am so afraid for my unborn child, with all those diseases and illnesses just waiting for it. I know that my baby will get all the possible vaccines, but I also know there are many illnesses with no vaccine for them. Is there a vaccine for herpes simplex today, for example?

Well, I know that it must have been one great struggle to even become a mother, not to mention all the problems that come after the child is born. Yes, there are some vaccines, and no, they cannot prevent all the bad things you wish to defend your child from. As for the herpes simplex, I have heard about the ongoing clinical study of the vaccine that has begun in the beginning of 2007 and so far it showed much more success in preventing herpes in women than in men.