Hi, guys. I know that certain wounds can be very dangerous due to tetanus occurrence. I would really like to find out something more about preventing this condition or disease. I would appreciate any kind of info about it. I hope someone will answer my post. Thanks for all your help, folks!

Hi, there. You are right. Tetanus is a dangerous disease, but preventable. It can be totally prevented by active immunization. Tetanus toxin is taken and inactivated. In this way, toxoid appears. Its toxic effects are decreased by heat or chemicals. Now, it can be given in form of a vaccine. This vaccine stimulates body’s own immune system to produce antibodies. In this way, a person cannot get infected if he has received a vaccine in last 10 years. Bye!

Hello. Tetanus vaccination is obligatory. It is mostly received as DTP vaccine. Even if a person has a danger of getting tetanus in this period of 10 years, one must get the immunoglobulin just in case. Those are manufactured antibodies. It is a form of passive immunization. If more than 10 years has passed or there are no data for one’s vaccination, he must get a vaccine immediately. If you want to find out more details, consult a doctor. I hope this helps. Bye!