hello I'm stacey and I have some concerns. I have been taking the plan b pill for about 5-6 months and i take a pill about once a week since this time. ive always had my periods since ive taken them but here recently i havent had a period. the past two months i haven't had a period. Ive taken a prego test every week for the last 4 weeks. and they have all came back negative. my concern is that taking this but plan b will cause me to loose fertility. and what other things i am possibly doing to my body by taking this much. can anybody help me or should i go to the doctor which is a last resort for me since i have no insurance.

Hi Guest

STOP TAKING PLAN B!

It is not intended to be taken more than once per cycle.  It is an EMERGENCY contraceptive.  It contains VERY large doses of hormones and can cause problems long term.

Daily birth control pills NOW are low dose hormone.  Why?  Because years ago high dose birth control was leading to blood clots, heart attacks, strokes, and more.

Plan B, any emergency contraceptive, is also NOT as effective as daily birth control.

Use a condom OR see your doctor and get prescribed birth control.  You are endangering your health.

Good luck.

thank you medic-dan this is my post i posted it before i created an account. with me having this much of a high dose of hormone in my system will that cause low fertility? I already have one son who is three but plan to have another child in the near future. i will no longer take this pill that way unless it is necessary. should i go to the doctor and have them run some tests?

It should not cause any lasting fertility problems for you. My point is that you need to stop taking Plan B or any emergency contraceptive so often. Use another form of birth control.

I'd be more concerned that you aren't having your period. You can have a delayed period with Plan B. At this point, if you went to a doctor, you'd likely be given a pregnancy test. Assuming it is negative they'd probably then want to run some labs (blood work) to check hormone levels.

Hope it helps.

thank you this did help. i plan on going to see A doctor tomorrow for blood work