I am currently taking Levora and have been for over 5 weeks. I've been taking it continuously without taking the sugar pills in order to postpone my period. I'm on the fifth straight week of hormone pills. Two days ago I went on the antibiotic Cipro to cure a bladder infection and I had sex the following day without a condom. I found out afterwards that antiobiotics interfere with the effect of birth control so I took Plan B this morning. My doctor told me to keep taking my birth control as scheduled, but said that Plan B should induce my period regardless. I just want to get my period to ensure I'm not pregnant. Should I keep taking my birth control? I'm so confused. Should I just stop taking the levora so I can get my period? How long do I need a back up method if I'm supposed to be on antibiotics for 7 more days?

I have found that Plan B is the best emergency birth control pill if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

The study that stated that birth control was less effective w/ antibiotics was debunked years ago. Doctors usually still warn you just in case. Cipro was also not one of the antibiotics that they suspected had any effect at all. you should be fine.