Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with trazodone? I am planning to use it to treat my depression and anxiety, I didn't talk to my doctor, I just found some info on the internet and in this one place it said that some people use trazodone to treat their depression and anxiety and that it worked for them. I am also having some sleep problems and I hope that trazodone is going to help me solve these as well.

So did anyone here perhaps have some experience with trazodone, if yes, could you share it with me?

Hmm, never rely only on the internet. I have a friend who thinks he has hundreds of different medical conditions and he is actually taking some medications for these just because he saw some people recommend them on the internet, it's nonsense. I would consult a doctor first before taking any medications.

So I was dealing with depression not so long ago and I was using Trazodone at that time, it seemed to help me. I don't know about anxiety and sleep problems though since I didn't have these problems but it definitely helped me overcome my depression, Trazodone plus some lifestyle changes.

Well I am suffering from depression and anxiety and I am using Trazodone because my doctor told me to start using it. I've just started to use it actually, about two weeks ago and I think that it is helping me but I am not quite sure yet.

Since I've just started to use this medication I am also curious about other people's experiences, I know that some people say that this medication really helped them but I also found out that there are a lot of people who are complaining about the side effect that they've had, what about these things?

I don't want to consult a doctor, I want to do these things my own way, I don't think that this is anything serious so I don't think that I need a doctor.

I'll just go ahead and try to use it then. If you noticed some improvements after just two weeks, I guess I can use it for maximum of three weeks and if I don't notice that I am getting any better, I am going to stop using Trazodone and maybe switch to some other medication since there are really numerous medications used to treat both anxiety and depression.

It is a big mistake because people believe that anxiety will disappear as soon as you start to take trazodone. No, that is not true. You will have to wait for weeks until this happens. I was using it and I can say that this medicine was the only medicine that helped me with my anxiety and my sleeping problems as well. Sure, I didn't saw some progress immediately, I started to notice it after a while, after three weeks I think. So, I think that this is the best medicine that I ever tried. I really hope that my doctor won't change my therapy! 

I don't have experience with it, but my friend Fred told me that Trazodone actually saved his life. He had those problems that you do, so he went to consult his doctor. He gave him trazodone and he started to use it immediately. Anyway, he was able to control his sleeping problems after just four days, and anxiety problems in about 3-4 weeks I think. 

He told me that he was taking 400 MG for sleep every night on his bed time and because of this dose, trazodone should work immediately. Of course, he was consulting with his doctor about the dose. 

Hm... I don't know. I can't really tell because I am not sure have Trazodone helped me or not. Here is why. When my doctor prescribed it for the first time, he told me to take 50 mg before I go to sleep. So I did. And it worked good for me. But after a while, this dose was small for my needs. So, he told me to continue with 100 mg. So I did it. But...nothing. I was sleeping better, but not as I wanted. I can see that someone told that he or she was using 400 MG. I think that this dose would kill me. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that this is a bit too much. My doctor told me that I should not take over 200 mg. dose :/

Generally, I haven't heard that people are complaining on this medicine. I know that some people can take bigger dose, while some of them just can't. That all depends on the stadium of the anxiety and depression. My doctor told me that this is one of the best antidepressants on the market, but I still don't have experience with it. 

Now, it is silly because you don't want to consult your doctor. You should. You can't just take it on your own, believing that you do know what is the best for you, since you don't.

Don't be stubborn, listen to someone who has experience! 

is 100 a suitable dose for depression anxiety how long does it take to work