Hi, I am 16. I started out on Tricyclen-Low the second week of March, 2011, but in late July switched to Tricyclen because I needed the increased hormone. Since Nov. 7 I have had old blood (spotting), then yesterday (Nov. 17) it stopped. Being on birth control my period was supposed to start on Nov. 13 so, I missed half of my period, only having spotting. Now, yesterday it stopped, there is no longer any need for a tampon as there is no blood. So, basically, even though I'm on birth control, I haven't had a period. I am sexually active but, my boyfriend always uses a condom, and I can promise you none have broken. I'm worried that there may be an underlying problem, like infertility or pregnancy. I currently do not have access to a pregnancy test, so I'm really scared! My mother had POCS and there is supposed to be a 50% chance that I have it too, but her doctor has reassured me that I will not have any symptoms until I'm in my 20's. Can someone please make sense of this for me????

Polycystic ovary syndrome is a common disorder that can present itself with symptoms as early as 12.  Personally I wouldn't worry about infertility problems untill you are ready too and want to become pregnant.  The best time to start your birthcontrol is the first day of your period.  It is very common for women to miss their period the next month after starting birthcontrol, when you do get your first period after starting birth control don't be worried if you have clots this is normal, birthcontrol makes your blood "thicker" thats why women on birthcontrol are at greater risk for blood clots and stroke.  If you miss your period for a second month I would say you should follow up with the doctor about it.  Bottom line, birth control is a load of hormones that your body is not used to, it takes time for your system to balance out and you will experiance feelings and symptoms that you may not have noticed or experianced before.

Thank you for your answer! :)