Hello all, so I have been researching this question for weeks now and I do not think I am pregnant, but I want to go ahead and ask:

I have been off birth control since early late October 2012 and have been trying to get pregnant since. My first period was extremely irregular and did not arrive until December 12th 2012, the next period arrived 32 days later, January 13th. So by this point I was thinking my period was starting to regulate out because that was a 32 day cycle. I used the digital ovulation test and got the smily face on January 20th and TTC that day. So my next period was not due until 2/9/2013 (if you use a 28 day cycle). However on 2/3/2012 after having intercourse I noticed a very very light pink spotting. It continued the next 3 days, sometimes it was pink with water discharge and then somtimes it was brown and even looked grey (sorry to be gross), but nothing more then to spot very little on a panty liner. So of course since this was more than a week before my next period, I got VERY excited....However, on Thursday 2/7 and today, my period arrived, very heavy. But now in the late afternoon of 2/8, its almost gone.....I have only taken one text and that was before the heaver bleeding began and it was negative.

I'm pretty sure I am not pregnant because of the heavy bleeding, but I have NEVER had spotting that long before. My usual periods begin with spotting for a few hours then a heavy period and then light and then spotting and then the period is done.(my periods usually last 5-7 days)  Any ideas on what happened this month? Has anyone ever experianced spotting a week early for 4 days and then heavier bleeding for 2 days and then thats it? Could it have been a miscarriage? Could it be some sort of highly unusual implementation bleeding (I'm still holding out hope, as you can see). Wanted to get some thoughts......

Hi 'Trying'. I don't take a birth control and haven't since my late teens (28 now), but after reading your post I felt the need to reply. I've been doing a lot of research as well on Implantation Bleeding, and the one thing that has been giving me hope that I just may get a positive after this strange bleeding I've had, (that started 8 days after "smiley face" and ttc and a week and 3 days before my period is due) is that every girl is different. Some girls get no spotting/bleeding, some girls get lots of it, from what I've read. I'm still 2 days away from when my period is supposed to be due. I keep getting negative results from urine tests. And what started as light spotting, turned into heavier spotting/w. clots, and now back to super light again.I never get my period early..I'm on a 32-34 day cycle.

So the reason I'm responding, is because it is not unlikely that you can be prego. So keep the faith. I know I am. And since I'm fearing the irregular implantation bleeding just the same as you, I'm hoping for a positive pg test soon. And If I get one, I'll let you know. You do the same. We can provide proof to all the other girls that search these threads who are fearing something wrong..is just our bodys way of doing what it needs to do. We're all different.

Much luck to you dear! :) 

Hi TurtleLove, I will definitely let you know the results, the bleeding lasted a total of 10 days thus far if you could the 4 spotting days (unusual spotting colors and being about 9 days before my period) followed by 2 extremely heavy days, and now followed by the same unusual spotting. I am leaning more towards a Negative in my case, and am wondering if I experianced a very early miscarriage....but I agree with you that there have been a lot of posts that describe "full periods" sometimes for months before a possitive pregnancy test shows up. To confirm any suspicion I have, I am going to go to my OBGYN this week and getting a blood pregnancy test to get some very clear results. I will let you know what I find out! In the meantime, I am back on assuming I am on to my next TTC cycle, it all starts over again. I'm wishing you the best of luck!!! Keep me posted!

Just wanted to get back in touch with you on my results, I was not pregnant, apparently coming off birth control can cause very unusual periods per my doctor. So I guess I will be tracking, testing, temperature taking, etc this month again, How were your test results?

Hey! Well..I took a blood test the day of my missed period (this past Thursday-Valentines Day), and got a negative result. Now im 4 days late. My pms symptoms were pretty strong thursday and friday-and have since disappeared. In the severe cramps that I normally get just before my monthly is due. But Still very tired, emotional, cramping more in the center of my lower abdomen, mild headaches, and food isnt sitting well-but hungry!! My ob doctor said to wait another week then take another test.
Sorry to hear that the end result wasn't what you were hoping for. But I hope you get lucky during your next cycle. May I recommend the digital ovulation kit. A friend of mine got lucky her first month using it, and depending on the next week off my life, if all goes the way im hoping, it will have been my first month using it as well. Best of luck to you! Xoxo

Hello, I am experiencing the same thing as well... I still have the early signs of pregnancy and everything, But anyway, I started the implantation bleeding yesterday afternoon and it was brownish spotting and then it was light and then this morning it was heavier spotting w/ clots as well and it would only come out when I went pee, the clots did.. The spotting only showed up when I wiped like it would be a smear in the toilet tissue... It's been freaking me out all day... It's only been a day of this so I'm not sure what's going on... I took 2 pregnancy tests a couple weeks ago and they came up negative but still no period.. Anyone got a clue what this could be?..

well.. the most important question I have for you is, when was your last period?
if you factor days, weeks.. then the possibility of being pregnant or having a chemical pregnancy are more apparent.
unfortunately, the bleeding I had back when I wrote this post ended as a chemical pregnancy. which means it was basically lost before it became anything significant. it took 4 months longer to actually get pregnant. I finally got a positive pregnancy test in May. so I'm now in my fourth month.
BUT.. for the record, about 6 weeks into my pregnancy I had spotting, some was just pinkish, some was a little clotty.. which scared me. but all ended up being ok. I did learn that my progesterone was low, and had to do the progesterone suppository for the entire first trimester. which may be why I was not able to sustain the first pregnancy.
just something to think about...