I have been on nuvaring for about 7 months or so. This month I had a very odd period. It just wasn't normal for me. The blood from it wasn't the same as it usually is. That was on the 5th of March. Now it is the 27 and I am starting all over again. It is very strange discharge again. It is a dark red almost brown color and is very thick. Is this normal to have this kind of discharge and to have it twice in one month? I am not due to remove my ring until 30th.

I've been on the ring for almost a year. I have irregular periods. After being on it for only 2 1/2 weeks I get a period then the week I'm supposed to have my period I get either nothing or some light spotting. It's usually dark and clumpy too. Not normal. Other than that I have no side affects but I worry about having irregular periods. I don't want to get pregnant.

I had a baby three months ago, and I got on nuvaring at 10weeks postpartum. My period at 10 weeks was the heaviest of my life and I had been spotting ever since. After two and a half weeks on nuvaring, I decided to get off because I had some pretty nasty side effects. I had migraines, but then the vision in my left eye went blurry. Scared the hell out of me. Anyway, I continued spotting for about four/five days after removing the ring. I haven't gotten a normal period yet though. Has that ever happy to anyone? sorry to post a question and not an answer. Have you thought about using some ovulation tests to see if you are ovulating?

I went on Nuvaring for 3 days and since then I am having difficulty breathing and my period started again 3 days after my last cycle just ended?!?! On top of that, my neighbor, who I may add is in very good shape (non-smoker/runner), was put in the hospital recently for having a blood clot in her lung and she WAS on Nuvaring! Not anymore! >:(

I've been on NuvaRing for just over a year and the last three months my periods have been reversed. They used to be like clockwork, nothing for three weeks and then for 5-7 days I'd get my period. NOW I'm getting my period for three weeks and no period for 5-7 days. I'm stopping NuvaRing and seeing if my cycle goes back to normal.

Hi there,
I am currently experiencing the exact same symptoms. Did you find anything out about it?

Thanks,
Lauren