Hi, I need to stop taking my birth control because i am going to be a surrogate for a nice couple. However i do not want to accidently get pregnant with my husbands baby by accident..we have a 2 and 3 year old. Im not ready yet. How long should i wait to take out the nuvaring to prevent being pregnant by my hubbie after the last time we had sex?

I have been on nuvraring for 3 months and all of sudden i feel like all th ings like i did when i found out the first tim :-) e

I have been on the Nuvaring since 2006, I decided this past June to discontinue using it. I have had terrible side effects since then. While taking it life was great it was the best BC I have ever used. However now I am experiencing nausea, cramping, irregular periods, breast tenderness. A lot of signs that at one point made me think I was pregnant. I have been having a period every 2 weeks very heavy and last roughly 3 days. I went to my Dr last week to see if this was normal or if I needed to look farther into seeking medical help. She didnt seem to even care that I had recently went off BC, made it seem like in time it will all pass. It has now been 2 months, I have yet to conceive and have been doing all the right things. :-( I wish all of you more luck then what I am having, and hope none of you have the same side effects as I do.

Really interesting... i just went off BC (Nuvaring) this past june as well and have been on it since 2006 as well... when i first went off of it i had my period for the first month every 2 weeks, then i didnt have until 32-34 days later the next two months... while on BC it had always been on the same time and like you i felt perfectly great... I thought I was pregnant a couple times because i had symptoms of being pregnant. My husband and I are trying to start a family but have been experiencing the same issues. So i am kind of glad but at the same time not that there is some one else... but i have heard that going off NUVARING it takes longer to get pregnant. Ig you find anything else out or if I do I will let you know...

God! this makes me nervous now, listening to all of this...i've been on the depo shot BC for 3 years and i'm gonna be switching to the Nuva ring very very soon, got tired of taking the shot and gaining alot of weight, lets just say i'm alittle over than what i did weighed when i was at my 3rd trimaster of my pregnancy....i've been doing great on the depo shot for 3 yrs, never had my period and never got pregnant. i just hope that when i switch to the Nuva ring that i won't get pregnant again, i've been doing very well with the depo shot like scheduling my appointments way before my due date of getting the shot and to get my next shot before my GYN  would have to do a pregnancy test on me before giving me the shot.....i hope the Nuva ring is very effective and me not getting pregnant :-/