I have used Nuvaring for almost 2 years. It's been great, no side effects. BUT... I stopped about two months ago because I want to get pregnant now.... I've gained 10 pounds so far... my diet still the same. Is it because of the ring? I really need to know. Will my body adjust by itself and go back to normal? Please someone help me.

I just read your post from 01/09/07 and was wondering if you ended up losing the weight? I just went off nuvaring a month ago and am experience anxiety and weight gain.

Thanks!

I stopped takeing the nuvaring in December 2007 and I have gained 15 pounds in 7 months. I thought my body would eventually stop gaining weight after a few months but I'm still gaining weight. So I've decided to get back on it and hope that it helps. Nothing has changed I actually exercise more now because i'm trying to get rid of the weight so I'm very confused about whats going on. If anyone has any advice that would be great!

OMG I thought I was alone in this. I have been on the ring since 2002. In May 2008 I stopped to "give my body a break" and since have gained 20 POUNDS!!! Yes that's about 6lbs per month! I just started back on it hoping I'd lose the weight again. Like another poster mentioned, I work out more and eat waaaay less because of the weight gain. It's the strangest thing. I guess once you get on you gotta stay on or risk getting really fat >:(

Has anyone been through initial weight gain on the ring and then lost it? I went off nuva ring a month ago and have already gained 5 pounds and am afraid i will gain more and then, i won't lose it.

Ok. I had the same thing happen to me. My eating habbits never changed when I took myself off the NR three months ago. Since, I have gained 13 lbs and rising! I am working out at the gym even harder then ussual and still packing on extra pounds. I thought it could be a thyroid problem so I made an appointment just to confirm its not. I REALLY FEEL ITS FROM COMING OFF NUVA RING. Its been three months...whats gonna happen...my body will adjust to the hormone change and Ill just drop the weight?

Anyone??

I JUST stopped Nuvaring 4 weeks ago and I feel like I've gained lots of weight. I barely fit into my jeans now.

I quit Nivaring because I was getting anxiety attacks - something I have not experienced before. Once I have stopped Nuvaring, I no longer have those attacks. Hence, I am not planning to go back on Nuvaring but I don't want to gain weight@

This is happening to me, too. I quit about six weeks ago and have gained eight pounds despite changing my diet to include a lot more organic and fresh foods and less fatty foods. I quit because I lost my health insurance and can't afford the ring without it - but I also can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe, and I hate feeling this way.

I'm experiencing the same exact thing. I'm a pharmacist and I know all about NuvaRing( or thought I did) so I thought my weight gain couldn't be attributed to going off the ring...usually very mild gain when starting. I went off in May because I'm thinking about having a baby and want to make sure my cycle gets regulated while off it. I have never and I mean never had a noticeable weight gain and I'm 32. I feel like I'm packing on the pounds and I have not changed eating habits nor my exercise routine. My thighs feel so heavy and I even feel puffy under my chin. Along with the weight gain there is the return of oily skin and acne along with mood swings. I sort of expected the skin and mood changes but the weight gain is so unexpected and dramatic (about 6 and rising). Wish I knew the mechanism behind it.

I stopped using the Nuva Ring over a month ago. Since then, I've gained 15 lbs. At first I attributed the weight gain to environmental changes (I just moved back to the United States after living abroad for a few years), but I am more active now than I had been when I lived abroad (I jog, walk, bike everyday & am active throughout the day doing household chores & yard work). I've also been cutting calories and watching what I eat. I don't eat a lot of processed foods, eat lots of fruits & vegetables, and limit my intake of meat, dairy, grains, & oils. It seems that everyone who has sent in a post is taking action to lose weight, but instead is gaining it. I'm 26, overweight for the first time in my life and am desperately hoping that this is just a phase. Does anyone know how long it takes for your body to get back to "normal" after stopping the Nuva Ring? Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Should I see a doctor or will the doctor just tell me what I already am telling myself...exercise, eat well, and be patient?

I stopped using the Nuva Ring about a month ago. Since then, I've gained 15 lbs! I exercise, eat well, and have a moderately active lifestyle. When I started to gain weight, I attributed it to environmental changes (I just moved back to the States after living abroad for several years). However, I'm puzzled that I'm gaining weight because I'm more active than I had been abroad (I jog, walk, & bike everyday and am always running around doing household chores & yard work). I don't eat a lot of processed food, regulate my intake of meats, grains, oils, sweets, and dairy and make sure I eat lots of fruits, vegetables. When I stopped using the Nuva Ring, I was at the high end of the healthy weight range for my height which is more than I've ever been in my life. For 10 years, I usually hovered between 135-145 lbs. After stopping the Nuva Ring, I was 155 lbs. and now I'm weighing in at 170lbs.! How long does it take for the Nuva Ring hormones to stop affecting your body? I feel that exercising a bunch and cutting calories are getting me nowhere. Has anyone who has posted prior to me made any progress & lost the weight they gained after stopping the Nuva Ring? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Now that you've gotten rid of the Nuva Ring you should start to see weight loss again. I know that it works that way because the nuva ring doesn't totally change your body chemistry. Does that help you at all?

oh no!!!! I'm two months off nuvaring, and today at the gym my trainer asked - what the hell are you eating? You work out every day and you run fast and you're gaining a lot of weight. And he is right - i've gained at least 8 pounds and have been training for a marathon! Has anyone figured out how to reverse this? Does going back on the ring work? I've had horrible cramping for the first time ever as well, but that is getting better, then the weight gain started. 5 pounds this last week or so. Help! Please!

I am 48, and went off the Nuvaring a month ago after being on it for two years. Now I am having weight gain - three pounds this week. Cramps, sore breasts,tired. If I would have know this would happen, I would never had started it in the first place. I also go to the gym regularily, eat the right foods. I am bummed..... Hopefully this will reverse in a couple of months.

OMG! Please tell me that someone is losing this weight. I am overweight already, but have been working my ass off (literally) and I just went off Nuva Ring last month. I didn't get on the scale at first, but in the last 3 weeks I've gained 10 pounds. I have NOT been over-eating, in fact I'm probably eating better than I was a two months ago and I get about 45 mins of fairly intense cardio (swimming, road biking, power walking) 7 days a week! I am totally freaking out. My period came right on time, but I can't help but think my hormones are seriously screwed up!