I need some help. I have been having two periods a month for the past couple months. This has happened before, and every time I bring it up to my GY, I am switched to a new bitrh control pill. Problem is, a few months to a year after starting the new pills, I have two periods a month, or have straight through bleeding for about two months. I am so frustrated, and I don't know what's wrong with me. I hate this, and it makes me so sad. Someone, please, help me. Is it a thyroid problem? Thyroid problems have occured in my family. Or is it something else alltogether? Please, please, someone, help me.

Did the gynecologists you saw perform any tests….i suppose they thought it was hormonal imbalance and they could have been right but there could be other stuff to have caused your troubles and doctors should have checked them if you got no relief from bc pills. How old are you?

Some of the other possible reasons to your trouble could be abnormal thickening of the lining of the uterus that is usually caused by presence of excessive estrogen. Estrogen thickens the lining, progesterone thins it, so you need a balance in order to have regular periods. What kind of bc pills did you use? Estrogen based or estrogen-progestin combo?

Certain benign uterine growths could also could such problems. Firstly, the lining that covers the growths could be less stable and could be shed at the wrong time. Secondly, they (the growths) could increase the uterine lining and cause prolonged bleedings.

You should definitely see a gyno again and ask for blood tests to check for hormone levels, and maybe even an biopsy to determine if the abnormal thickening of the uterus lining is present.

It is not normal that you bleed do much, especially because you could start suffering from anemia.

P.S. Definitely have your thyroid levels checked. Thyroid dysfunction could certainly cause such problems.

Let me know what you did!

I am 25, and my gyno has told me that I do have an ovarian cyst. As for the pills, they are a combo. I have been tested many times for anemia, and I seem to have a higher Iron content than most, so the docs aren't worried. I will definately check out the other things you mentioned, and bring them up to my gyno, I really appreciate your help, because I was starting to feel lost. As soon as I go to the doc, I'll update you on the news. Thanx again!

I had the same problem when I was 35. My OB/GYn performed a TSH and T4 test. I was diagnosed with hyopthyroidism. This was the reason for my 2 periods a month and no ovulation. It took 6 years and 4 different doctors to get my thryoid levels into normail range. Weight gain will follow if left untreated. I gained 70 pounds over a years time. I am now 42 and at my normal weight. I learned from my MD all women should have thir thyroid test performed every year after starting at 35.

I have had this exact same problem for the past 3 months. I am really scared to tell my mom because she doesn't know I am sexually active and I don't know if having sex has had something to do with it. Can you please help me!

I have the same exact problem and I too, am cery frustrated. I have been for a thyroid test and it was normal. My pap was normal. I have been on BC pills for four months and now the problem is starting again. I guess I'll call the doctor again. I really don't know what to do. If I get frustrated enough I may just have a hystorectamy. I am very sorry to hear you have the same problem. I wish I had a solution for us.

i have had the same problem in that i have had 2 periods this month with a gap of about a week. It was also following sex so i was also wondering if having sexual intercourse had something to do with this?

im having the same problem as all of you, but i dont have sex. im still a virgin and im 17.
i cant really find anything out there about this problem. =[
and i dont go to a gyno, so im not sure what to do.

I have had the same problem with bleeding during sex and spotting all of the time and two periods a month and my dr. said that I probably have a polyp, I may also have fibriods. It is no fun and has been going on over a year. I tried bc pills and they did not help. Since I have already had my children, my doc. is going to do a procedure called endometrial ablation, which is where they get rid of the lining so you never bleed again. This is only for people that don't want to have children after the procedure but it is a great alternative to a hysterectomy.

If you do have a polyp then your dr. can go in and cut them off, you do have to be put under for it but it is outpatient surgery. He can only know for sure if it is a polyp by doing this surgery. This way you can still have children but hopefully it will help the situation. My doc. did do a pap that came back negative but if you have not had that done then that is a good place to start. Also, if you are having sex you need to be checked for all STD's. Clymadia can also cause abnormal bleeding. This is important to get checked early to take care of it. If you don't have a GY then there are usually free clinics with the state that can help you. Good luck.

well this is isnt a problem to me but my friends is having some sort of a problem like u guyz...well shez trying to get pregnant for the last couple of yrs...but past couple o months she hasnt had her periods...shez on medication but shez not sure if the medication is ok for her...n e ways does n e one kno wut cud it be wut she shud do...cuz i kno her mom is really concerned...and she is too...i m gonna try to get the name of the pill and all...but if n e one has ne suggestions plz do reply...thanks
ruba

hello, i am having a similar problem. The only things is that i was on birth control from another country.(my period is regular) I was taking them for approximatly 8 months, but because i was feeling my body different and my periods so much lighter i decided to stop it. After that i didnt get my period for a whole month and a half..now i finally got my period and it going to be almost 2 months. sometimes its heavy at other times i dont have anything for some days and sometimes spotting. i really have no idea whats wrong and i am scared to have a serious condition. can some one please help me!! thanks

I am 25 years old. I have been getting 2 periods a month for about two years now, possibly three. I have had numerous tests. I have no cysts. My iron levels check out fine. I am not on birth control and choose not to take it. I have severe migraines and birth control makes them unmanagable.

I exercise which seems to help. I am 145 lbs. I lost about 5 lbs. which also helps (any weight gain makes it worse..3 periods a month)

Is there anything I can do?

I'm 15 and i have my period 2 times a month regular for me is about every 15/16 days. and it last for about 5 or 6 days. so I'm almost always on my period. I would check your thyroid, as i have a problem with mine, I'm not sure what causes my periods to do this, but if there's nothing then i would try birth control. if not that keep track of nutrition intake. sometimes the way you eat or excerise changes your period. If you dont have enough iron that makes a difference as well. If not any of that works then i'm at a loss for you. Same as me, I'm not sure what to do.
:-(

I Am 15 Years Old And My Periods Are Starting To Come Three Times A Month I Am Not Sure Why But I Have Recently Been Going To The Clinic Because I Am Sexually Active Iv Been Trying To Go On The Pill But Because My Periods Keep On Comeing I Can't This Is Very Annoying For Me As When I Have A Period I Feel Very Dirty And Also I Am Still At School So It Is Very Iratating At School Also I Suffer From Very Bad Period Pains And Back Aches My Periods Have Never Done This Befor And I Started My Period When I Was Twelve There Have Been Normal Since There This Has LastedFor Two Months Now I Really Don't No What Is Going On With My Body If AnyOne Has Any Information For Me Please Contact Me On Here Very Soon Iv Told My Mum About It And She Said She WillTake Me To Doctors But I Don't Want Him To Ask Me If I Have Been Sexually Frustrated Please Help Me This Is Making Me Very Depressed....xxxx :'( :'( :'( :'(

I am having this problem to. I am 23 years old and I have a 2 year old son. I have gone to the gyn about this and they have done all these types of test. And nothing was abnormal. I have gotten my period 2 times a month this month. This is the first time this has happened. And I want to know what is going on but no one seems to have any answers.