I've had breakthrough bleeding with mirena iud for 10 months, had the iud removed and inserted nuvaring the same day. I started clotting immediately, by day 2 of nuvaring I desided to remove it. My period started that day, it was very heavy at first. I saturated 4 pads under 2hrs. It slowed down to a "normal period" except it has been 6 days of a heavy period.
any ideas.

I had the same problem.. I took the Nuva ring for 3 months and got bad pain from it so decided to stop taking it. Right away I took it out I got heavy bleeding and kept bleeding for 3 months. And decided to go to the doctor and they didn't do anything. They said that nothing was wrong even though I was bleeding for 3 months. I called another place and they said to come in right away cause I could die. I was very sick and tired cause of all the blood I lost. I went in and they put me on a type of good birth control. I was on it for 2 months and was told to get off it. I stopped it and have not got my period back yet. I hope that it does not come back cause me and my husband have decided to have more kids and a woman can't have kids when they have there period. But if I were you with the way that it's bleeding I would do something about instead of nothing. If it's way different than your normal. I would wait another maybe 5 days and then go to the doctor.

Iv been using nuvaring foe 3 yrs. My husband an i decided to try for another baby(WE HAVE 4NOW) ... Most woman using nuvaring remove on the 3rd wk to have a period.. I was told by my blood dr an obgyn not to remove mine for a period cause i have chronic anemia(i lose too much blood during a cycle) an i should just change my ring once a mo. Well i removed my ring last wed an started my period today............I have been hurting sooo bad the past few days (cramping. Today iv lost so much blood an im scared. Has anyone else had heavy periods after removing the ring??

I just started the ring and took it out like I was told n my period started that day. My periods have always been very light and 3-4 days max. This time I had a heavy period. I had to change my tampon very half hour or I leak through. I had to set alarms throughout the night or I would wake up soaked in blood. So after 7 days of this my period stopped for 2 days. I had intercourse with my fiancé and started passing blood clots n bleeding again. It stopped next day but now when I pass a bowel, I have vaginal bleeding n pass clots? I been on google for two days now driving myself crazy cause of everything I'm reading. Tomorrow I go to the doctors and hoping for the best!

New Member
1 post
Hi, thank you for your message. I'm coming off of the Nuva ring right now after being on it for over 8 years and have the same problem where I have been bleeding heavily for 3 weeks straight with pain.

I also have heart issues that I'm dealing with and was wondering if you remember the name of the birth control you were taking that helped you stop the bleeding. My doctor has me on a 10 day 'medicine therapy's to help stop the bleeding and I'm on day 5 with still heavy bleeding. I would truly appreciate it if you remember.