Just switched to NuvaRing after being on the patch...Inserted correctly and removed correctly...is it normal to miss your period after switching? I did have a little pink on the toilet paper every once in a while, but no flow at all! Thanks

I had the same problem.. this is my first month of nuvaring and i have experienced slight symptoms of my period but no actual bleeding. I wondered the same thing.

I am in the same situation, I switched from the patch where I had normal periods to the ring with no period. I spotted very lightly for about 3 days then nothing.

I switched from the pill to the ring. This is my first month, and no period, no symptoms, no spotting, no nothing. So do I put a new ring in or do I wait to have a real period then put the new ring in?

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I'm on my 2nd month on the nuvaring, after not being on any birth control for over 2 years.  My first month I saw no signs of a period until last Thursday night and I was supposed to put the new ring in that Sunday.  I think I maybe used one tampon.  Very light, flow!  This week is my period week and I started to see a bit of pink on the toilet paper yesterday, never put a tampon in.  Last night I saw a little more, but so far, it's so very light that I just don't need to use a tampon.  Sometimes there is nothing when I go to the bathroom.  I'm gonna put the new ring in this Sunday like I should.  Hey, if I'm having something, I call it a period and if it's going to be light on the nuvaring, then I'm fine with it!  Glad to know I'm not the only one. 

MEEE too ladies same dea switched from pills to nuvaring and I am expecting my first period mils scne and pms sympotoms even a few light cramps no period !!! curiouus if you ladies got you periods ? if not did you start a new ring when you were sopposed to or just wait today is the day i am soppossed to be done with mine and put a new one in please please help !! 

I'm having the same problem. I've been off BC for 3 yrs now. I started the ring 2 months ago. Last month I was worried I could be pregnant because my period seemed late on my week I take the ring out. I took two pregnancy tests and both came out negative. However about 5 days in on my week I had the ring out I wiped and noticed only a tiny bit of blood. I didn't know if this counted as a period or not but I continued the ring as normal Til this month. Now this month I'm experiencing the same thing. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and came out negative again. Is this normal. Is there any way the Nuva ring can make a false negative? I don't feel any pregnancy symptoms or period symptoms. It's weird should I go to the doctor?

I've been wondering about the same. I've actually been on the nuvaring since August of last year. No issues. Everything was going great, period came and went as usual. Only now I'm over three weeks late. I'm experiencing period symptoms (cramping, tender breasts, as well as being very moody) but there's no blood. I've taken several at home pregnancy tests as well as gone to my doctor and had a blood pregnancy test done. All came out negative. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the hormones in the nuvaring or if I'm just going insane. I'm 21, so it has absolutely nothing to do with gettin old, and I have had one child. The symptoms were similar but I had a bit of spotting. I thought the hormones in the nuvaring were giving me a false negative but when I went back to the doctor a second time (yesterday) I got yet another negative. But I still can't figure out what is up with my missing period.

I'm seriously thinking of switching to depo... I'm sick of being depressed and anxious all the time.

Having a similar issue. I just started nuvaring 3 weeks ago on Sunday. I got on birth control because I just got engaged and wanted my body to be adjusted to it before the wedding, then as many people say it become even harder to wait when you get engaged (it's true) my fiancé and I had sex for the first time the day before I was scheduled to take my ring out. As we were planning to wait until we got married we didn't have condoms and just in the spur of the moment decided it didn't matter. I had very light bleeding. Put a tampon in and it didn't even fill it in the 6 hours I had it in. Which is rare for me. I don't have a heavy flow or long periods, but more than that. And now nothing. Concerned I could be pregnant or is this just what nuvaring does? He pulled out didn't cum inside me. I know that's not a foolproof method, however it a good amount of time before he actually ejaculated so I doubt any actually got in or near my vagina. TMI I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows if it is just NV delaying or way I have periods on the ring.

I've been using the NuvaRing for years now and don't experience much in the way of a period ever. Quite happy to be frank.

I'm a newbie when it comes to the Nuvaring however I followed the instructions correctly and I'm on my first month inserted in Dec. 1 (with no previous contraceptive means other than condoms)... And my OBGYN said I can just insert a new nuvaring in every first day of the month (or any day I choose, chose the 1st) and I won't have to take it out until the next monthly day (Jan 1st). I'm nervous because I'm supposed to be getting my period soon, and I've been getting symptoms (headaches, cramps)... But no period.
- Is it normal not to have (or just have spotting) for the first month?
- If my boyfriend has come inside me however after the 7 days as instructed... What is the risk of getting pregnant?
I'm a worry wart, and I'm just scared because I'm new at sex and contraceptives.

Tomorrow is my first day of the nuvaring so I can't personally atest to it. However, according to my gyno you can use nuvaring to not have a period. I started birth control 3 months ago with the depo because my periods had become very painful about a year and half ago (never painful before). I'm 28 and the depo made my periods 3 weeks long with crazy mood swings where before it was only 5 days long. The only thing it did do was take the pain away. Went back to the doctor and we decided on the uncaring cause you can use it for 4 weeks and not have a break in between rings and that creates no periods and no symptoms. She also said that even taking a week break after 3 weeks it could make it to where I have a light to no period as well but to start off with no breaks. I wasnt on birth control before then because the pills made me bat sh*t crazy when I was 18. So, I'm very sensitive to hormones. So, I am really hoping the nuvaring will actually stop me from having periods like my doctor said it would. Hope this helps put some of your minds at ease.