I have been feeling depressed as long as I can remember. Lately I started feeling like people are plotting against me. My doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin. Can I get more information about this drug? Are there some severe side-effects that I should be aware of?

Wellbutrin is a pharmaceutical prescription antidepressant, which acts directly on the brain and other nerve cells. It is also used to treat Attention Deficit Disorder, bipolar depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, lower back pain etc. This drug comes as a tablet to take it orally and it is usually taken one to three times a day. It can be taken with or without food. It is important not to crush, chew, or divide Wellbutrin. If you miss a dose do not "double-up" the next one. Take any missed dose as soon as you remember. However, do not take it if it is within 4 hours of the next dose. This medication is generally well tolerated but like any other drug, it has some side-effects. Dry mouth, headache, increased sweating, nausea, vomiting, constipation, anxiety etc may occur. If some of these effects persist or worsen, you should notify your doctor. You will probably experience dizziness when you rise from a sitting or lying position. To prevent it, I advise you to rise slowly. You should limit the consumption of caffeine while taking Wellbutrin. If you feel like there has been some changes go to your doctor and talk to him.

Just my opinion. To say you are depressed because you feel like people are against you is to take the position of conflict resolver. Does a Tiger who hunts its prey take the position of being against another animal while the Victim takes the position of having an animal against it? No.

You might be depressed, but no doubt your situation and position in life in one of being beaten down by others. These drugs turn of your feeling and nothing changes. The only thing that the drug does is cause you to be able to live with agressive people who feed off feeling people.

I don't think this person said they were depressed BECAUSE they felt people were plotting against them. They were simply saying that the feeling that people are plotting against them is something new and perhaps more disturbing then depression alone.