Hey guys, I'm 21 years old. I would like you all who've had this combination or similar to share your experiences with me. 

My doctor first put me on lexapro 10mg to treat me for depression due to my serotonin imbalance.

Two months later after I started to feel the effects it was raised to 20mg - It did work as it made me think less negatively (suicide, hopelessness) but made me really lethargic and empathetic. So, he added adderall 10mg to the mix. This combination I took for about 2-3 months.

So, adderall worked - gave me energy to do things and feel positive, euphoric even but I noticed that it gave me chest pains sometimes, dry mouth where I would suck my cheek subconsciously and get ulcers but I solved that problem with always having water with me. 

Although, this was working for me - Less negative, energy, focused but I was completely lacking in motivation and I am a professional artist so that is very bad for me. I'm incapable of holding a job, doing anything productive basically. 

So, he put me on 150 Wellbutrin and I took it for a month with minor results... So a month later he increased it to 300mg

I'm now taking

Lexapro 20mg
Wellbutrin 300mg
Lexapro 20mg XR 2xDay + Adderall 10mg IR incase I'm having a really bad comedown

The recent increase (double) of wellbutrin has made me feeling more lethargic - even though I feel good about my self and life but I have NO MOTIVATION at all - I feel like I'm wasting my life hopelessly cant do anything when I try.

Also, please suggest what times to take these medications through out the day.

Is there another med that would make me get off my ass and rid of this zombie like feeling - I don't want to increase my adderall dosage because I understand the consequences of abusing it. 

I feel as if the adderall has lost its feel - I would like it to make me feel the way I felt the couple of months. 

Thank you for reading and any suggestions... I wrote too much :)

Sorry, I meant to type Adderall 20mg XR 2x/day instead of lexapro.

Wellbutrin is all u need brother..

Is this doctor a PCP or a psychiatrist?

hop off wellbutrin....it made me feel more crappy tbh.

lexapro and adderal is all ya need 

I take it all. I tried to get off of Wellbutrin, and I was zapped of energy and stayed in bed. I take Adderall IR 15 3X/ day lexapro 20mg wellbutrinxl 150mg

So I know you posted this more than a year ago, but I came across it this morning as I was reading some studies, articles, and forums. I could not believe it when I saw your combo of meds, almost identical to mine! I have battled severe depression and anxiety, and at one point in my life, just a year ago, I was an abuser of some other prescription meds. I was first diagnosed in the days where almost no one talked about it because it was a taboo, it was all in peoples heads. Well, it is, literally. The nay-sayers were right, just in a different context if you get my drift. So this was 20 years ago. Long story short, I managed for 6 years on meds and counseling. When I got married, I "self treated," and made a non-physician decision...I stopped taking my Zoloft. Before that, I had tried numerous "mental meds" with no real improvement. Anyhow, after ditching the drug, I got along just ok for several years, but as anyone with depression knows, it's like chicken pox, you have it, and it technically never goes away. It can however, remain dormant for periods of time. Fast forward to end of 2015, after 2 years of major life altering depression with no meds or shrinks...my wife convinced me to get help. I acknowledged it was time to agree with that. I was already on some pain meds for a chronic illness right about this same time. I had just barely started to misuse those pain meds. They were not full-blown narcotics, just to be clear. I did not know about the dangers of withdrawal, nor the risks associated with these two drugs, especially when you go without for more than 8 hours. Well, I found out the hard way about withdrawal, ended up in the shock trauma unit and was hospitalized for 5 days. After that, I wish I could say I stopped abusing, but I didn't. BUT, I did reluctantly re-enroll in a regular counseling program and started antidepressants again. It didn't take long for my doc to narrow in. He felt bad that he hadn't thought about this combo when he was treating me 17 years earlier. We started with Lexapro, and that helped to start pulling me out of the fog. Then he added Wellbutrin. Once again, a pretty good improvement because the combination evened me out instead of suffering sporadic dips in mood. Much like you, I was out of the fog, but I was lacking big time in the motivation department. A light bulb went one day for the both of us while talking about my son's meds with him. We were talking about ADHD and treatment. We both got it at the same time, "I was most certainly ADHD as a child but never diagnosed". He gave me some Adderral to try and.... it was like I had emerged from a life long stay in a dungeon where I was taught about the outside world but had never seen or experienced it. This was the magic combination! My wife made the comment to my counselor, "I finally have the husband back that I married 14 years ago." We had to adjust meds a bit, but my combo that I have been on for about 6 months, is 20mg Lexapro, 150mg Wellbutrin, and 90mg Adderall (due to my tolerance from precious drug abuse). I take all of them in the morning, and it has worked great for me. Everyone gets tolerant to the level of a drug they start at, there is no avoiding that. Yes, you may have to increase, but I am living proof that you CAN find a balance where you don't need to increase again. Everyone's chemical make up is different, and we respond differently to the same things. I would be interested to hear from you about how things are going now and what you are currently on. My life has really turned around. If you want another great resource and tool in the shed, google "Gene Drug Testing."

I enjoyed reading this man. I have been on lexapro and adderal on and off for about 9 years now. I am 29 and am currently taking 15 mg Lex, 150 Wellbutrin, And 20 mg Adderal 2x a day. Very interesting history you've had. It is extremely similar to mine as well. I really do think this is a decent combo. Wellbutrin lifts the fog and counteracts lethargy and libido side effect of Lex. Lexapro helps with my mood and helps also with the edginess that can come with Wellbutrin. And the adderal well you know the deal. It's great. Definately difficult to not misuse though. Like you said to the 21 yr old gentlemen it is all about your genetic makeup. I had a doctor tell me years ago "Medication does not fix life problems." It made me realize how important it is to put effort into creating positive situations in life, and acknowledge and deal with things productively when I can. I couldn't just sit back and expect meds to make everything easier. Cognitive therapy is just as effective as medication to me now. Anyways thanks for sharing.
Peace

I had the same reaction to Wellbutrin. It gets me high and I feel lazy or yeah complacent. I stopped taking it with no side effects but went through a tough time and returned. I dont think its an anti depressant at all, just gets me high, looking to switch or combine it with lexapro.

My daughter who is 31 has been on this cocktail mix for years now. She is addicted and has not dealt with her family relationships. It's been 4 years since I've seen her and believe the prescription drugs have clouded her completely. The pharmaceutical companies love those in the US who rely on such medications when good organic diet and exercise plays the most crucial part in our everyday health. I am sorry you are all on this...I want my daughter back.

Try not to push her away because of her decisions on how to deal with her issues. I was raised organically with solid nutrition, exercise, homeopathy and natural supplements. While this made me physically strong and healthy it did not stop or help my emotional and psychological struggles. One thing I wish my mother understood more than anything is that depression is not about lifestyle choices and our personal will and drive to succeed. It is often caused by neurological and physiological imbalances which require treatment. After being depressed along with severe anxiety for the most part of 12 years I had tried every alternative treatment known to man. Sometimes, for some people, these drugs can be life saving. As your daughter's mother the most you can do for her is accept her and her decicisons. Then maybe once she regains her trust in you, you can begin to support (and perhaps one day help to guide) a healthier lifestyle for your young daughter.

If my mother had not been supportive and even proactive in helping me, i would have killed myself. Long term mdd. If I were your daughter i'd stay away from you too. Wanting her to go off her meds is downright cruel. Rethink yourself.

It is insane how similar your situation is to mine. I am currently making the switch from Lexapro to Wellbutrin, however, and keeping the Adderall.

Last night I had taken my Wellbutrin late after not tapering off of my Lexapro last week. It resulted in the horribly annoying "brain zaps" followed by sleep paralysis for hours. I got 2 hours of sleep and feel like garbage.

I was waiting to hear from my doctor but after reading this I'm just going to take a half dose of Lexapro in the hopes that it will help with the zaps/sleep paralysis.

I take my Lexapro and Wellbutrin as soon as I wake up. I feel like I have a lot of energy and I can recall things better, but I still struggle in sitting down and studying. Hopefully I will be on vyvanse soon to help with that. But I feel that talking Wellbutrin and Lexapro in the morning makes me more creative as well. Hope this helps.