My seven years old son has just been diagnosed with leukemia and it looks like the world is coming down to me. I cannot say that he had any major symptoms, except for the usual children's illnesses and now this! Doctors are still debating about the therapy, while I am trying to gather as much info as I can. I have heard that kava kava might help with leukemia symptoms in children. Is that true? What are side effects of kava kava?

Kava kava is actually a crop that originates form Western Pacific. Its extract has been marked as an herbal remedy for anxiety and stress. In the year 2006, Fiji Times reported that some progress has been made in the treatment of the ovarian cancer and leukemia thanks to kava ingredients. Supposedly, it inhibits the nuclear factor important for the growth of the tumor cells. But, this is all still in the research process. As for side effects, I should mention tongue and lip numbness, euphoric behavior, well being sense...