I know that nuclear medicine is so common now that hardly anybody second guesses it any more, but I am one of those people. The argument that we are all exposed to more radiation on a daily basis from cellphones, computers and such does not convince me. What do you think? Does nuclear medicine have any side effects?

Well, radiation is cumulative. I have been a radio hobbyist for many years and I am not too concerned about radiation from that source, but I do tend to avoid nuclear medicine if it is not something that is really needed. Of course, MRI scans and the like are sometimes really useful diagnostic tools, but they can also be overused. For instance, digital x rays have 10 times less radiation compared to their traditional counterparts, so when my dentist wants me to have an x ray, I make sure that it is the digital one, and I avoid them whenever I can.

what would be side effects after nuclear medicine scan of rhyroid

test reply registration layer