My daughter is 7 years old and her lymphatic nodes were increased, spleen also. In the beginning there were bacterial and fungal infections. After several tests, doctors concluded that she has acute myeloid leukemia. I am so worried for her but I need to know what are survival rates with acute myeloid leukemia?

Every patient reacts differently to the therapy and remission. As for the rate, it is not very high, but that does not have to mean anything. It is important that the therapy is applied regularly and properly. Type of treatment is based on doctor’s opinion and there are several options. Treatment is applied even when the remission happens, in order to completely eradicate the illness.

i can't agree better with the reply. It's really a frightening disease but the advances in medical science have been great for the past few years. Your daughter is also still very young, which gives her an added advantage. you may also want to try an integrative approach to her treatment, combining western with traditional chinese medicine (tcm) but i warn you that you have to find a truly competent, licensed practitioner of TCM for that. I don't know how easy that would be for those living in western countries. tcm herbs soothe a lot of the discomfort and side effects caused by western manufactured drugs. you may want to do research on your own. There are lots of materials on the internet. you just have to be patient reading all those scientific trials, etc on these and related topics to help you make intelligent/informed choices. other than that, you also have to take very good care of yourself.

I'm sorry to hear this sad news, and I must agree with Farica. The acute myelogenous leukemia is the most common leukemia type. The disease progresses rapidly if it is not treated, but it will respond to a proper leukemia treatment initially. You are free to visit this Childwiki article to know more about AML

Hope this helps! You and your daughter are in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Cancer is indeed unfair. Children don't deserve them.

The acute myelogenous leukemia is the most common leukemia type. The disease progresses rapidly if it is not treated, but it will respond to a proper leukemia treatment initially.

Hope this helps. You and your child are in my prayers.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use