Good day. I have problems with anxiety, panic attacks and depression and I think that I am struggling with this very good so far. I can't tell alone, but people around me are telling me that I am good now. I was in really bad condition before. 

Now, my friend came from Australia yesterday and I went to see her today. I haven't seen her for ages. She also has problems with anxiety and panic attacks, but she told me that she is using trazodone for it and that this medicine helps her. 

Does trazodone stop anxiety and panic attacks?

Tnx!

Hey Hannah,

I heard about a lot of people who are using Trazodone in order to fight their anxiety and their panic attacks and most of them seem to be satisfied with this medication.

However, if I were you, I would keep one thing in mind. Medications that are used to fight conditions like depression, anxiety and panic attacks kind of make you numb. They can halt a lot of your emotions, the good ones as well, they can even lower your happiness. So I would try fighting this with natural remedies and relaxation techniques for anxiety first, and if that doesn't work, you can try with medications.

I would definitely go with natural remedies rather than medications, Hannah. A very good friend of mine was suffering from anxiety and he was using Trazodone. Well, before he started using it, he was really, really anxious from time to time but when he started to use it, he become kind of cold, he wasn't sad, but he wasn't happy either. It was like all of his emotions left his body, he was just existing now. I know that some people are recommending teas made of Valerian herb to treat anxiety and panic attack, maybe you could try this out first.

Well, I am against medications as well but the way I see it, Trazodone is thought to be the best medication out there for treating anxiety. I don't really know if this medication can help you with panic attacks as much as with anxiety, but it can definitely help you with anxiety.

You can try with tea from Valerian herb first but if it doesn't show good results, you can always switch to Trazodone, trust me, Trazodone is really good for this. And one more thing, I wouldn't just go ahead and drink this tea or start taking Trazodone without consulting my doctor about it.

Just don't take this medication without consulting with your doctor first, Hannah. It is because this medication has bunch of bad side effects and it will make you addicted to it after using it for only a couple of days. You need to talk to your doctor about it so that he can determine whether or not should you use this medication.

Why don't you try with some natural remedies first? I'd advise you to ask around and find out what are the best natural remedies for this matter, and then try using these first. Make this Trazodone medication your last option.

Good day there.

This is definitely a medicine that has been used to stop anxiety and panic attacks. Personally. I don't have experience with it but my cousin has. She is taking 50 mg at her bed time and she is resting for couple of hours. But very soon she wakes up and she has really bad time to go back to sleep. She didn't have those problems before, she started to have them just a while after she started to take this medicine. I don't know does this has to do anything with it? Or this is just a coincidence? 

Yeah, I was reading about side effects of those medications as well, but I was not sure is this correct. I do understand that everyone has different problems or different side - effects with certain medications, but somehow I was hoping that those side - effects do not last for long. Now I am not sure?

But have she told you anything else? Were those pills helpful to her to avoid those panic attacks and anxiety? I really need to know this and I wish to hear more experience so I will decide what to do about this whole situation...

Good day. Yes, to be honest she told me that because of trazodone she has so little panic attacks and anxiety problems but some other problems came up. So I believe that there are a people who never had side - effects from those medicine. I also have heard that this medicine can make you go to sleep even more that you want. Also, you can have red and sore eyes all the time. But never mind, those side - effects can last for a couple of months and I am sure that you will get help because of this medicine. So you should try it.