Hello everyone. I really need your help about my current situation. A couple of months ago I was diagnosed with anxiety but I was dealing with it really fine. Until my mom died. After that (and that happened three months ago) I started to have really huge panic attacks and it seems to me that I can't fight it anymore. I was reading that Trazodone can help me to deal with it, and  would like to try it, especially if this means that I can avoid doctors. Can you tell me more about it? Is Trazodone any good for anxiety and panic attack relief?

Thank you. 

Hi Prue. First, there is one thing that you should know - please, stop thinking about taking some medicine WITHOUT consulting your doctor. That is insane. I understand that you are scared, but you need to consult someone who is an expert and who can tell you what to do about this. Personally, I don't have experience with it, but I am sure that one lady from my neighborhood was telling me about this. She told me that at the beginning she was scared of trying it, but at the end she did - and she was feeling much better. 

Hey Prue,

I don't know if this one is good or not but it is definitely used for treating anxiety and panic attacks. Trazodone belongs to a group of medications called antidepressants. It is used for anxiety and panic disorders, depression, fibromyalgia, headache, insomnia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome, and sedation.

I don't know, I searched the internet a bit for you and people seem to be satisfied with this medication. There are some people who say that it didn't really help them, but you can expect that, there is no medication which works for everyone. You should consult your doctor before using it anyway.

Hey Nina. I do know that people are using it to fight anxiety, but I have to tell you that I was really scared whenever I needed to take some medications. That is why I am skeptical about this medicine, but if this can help me, I am for it. I want to try it. I was reading some comments and people have different opinions - some are for it, some are against it - but I guess that this is normal.
And I have one more question - what can happen if I don't consult my doctor about this? Is it even possible to take this medicine without any prescription?

Sure it is! I was using it and this is the only medicine that I was using without having any kind of side - effects. I never had any of them.True, I was not able to take it without consulting my doctor so I believe that you can't take it on your own as well. 

I really don't understand why during situations like this you don't want to consult your doctor. That is necessary and you should know it. And thinking that you can take some medicine on your own before doing some tests it is pretty much childish...

You should always consult your doctor because different medications work differently on different people. He will know if this is the medication for you.

On the other hand, I would never use medications for anxiety or depression. These things can be treated in a different way, naturally, with some teas and consulting with a psychologist. However, panic attacks are something more serious if you ask me so I am okay with using medications if you are suffering from panic attacks. But you should definitely always consult your doctor before taking any kind of medications, it is for you own good, Prue.

Hey Prue,

I used Trazodone when I was suffering from anxiety and it really helped me a lot.

I was against medications as well, I still am, but I couldn't fight my anxiety without Trazodone. I tried fighting it on my own, I visited a psychologist as well but nothing really seemed to help. I then started taking Trazodone and I started drinking some teas and I was very relieved. I kept seeing my psychologist for 2 years until he told me that there was absolutely no more need to visit him because I got over my anxiety entirely and completely.

Hello Prue,

I never had a chance nor the need to use this medication, but I have a friend who I know is using it and I gave him a call today. Apparently, he tried using it for a period of time but he didn't notice any changes so he eventually quit and continued using another medication. He did all of this after consulting with his doctor and he said that it is very important not to take any medications without consulting with your doctor first. I honestly think that he is right, you should talk to your doctor first, always.