Hello, I have been diagnosed with a breast cancer and the therapy includes a surgical procedure that should remove the affected tissue. After that, I assume I will be subdued to chemo therapies in order to kill the remaining cancer cells, if there is any. Anyway, I have heard a lot of bad things about chemos, and I would like a clarification of the phrase –chemo brain-. What is that?

Well, I had an indirect experience with that condition since my grandmother suffered from it after her problems with cancer. That condition includes things like memory loss, problems with perception, thinking etc. Some describe it as the state when being drunk without the alcohol use. But it does not affect everyone who had a cancer, so think only of getting rid of that tumor for now.

I am taking treatments for ovarian cancer and I noticed that my thinking is not quite as it usually is, but it does not affect my day to day living, such as banking or home chores. I suggest a log to keep track of appointments etc and important things. It was minor for me and short term. I would not let that stop me for sure,. I had Breast cancer in 1983 and the other side in 1998. I have the BRCA2 gene, did not notice it then, but I don't have a good memory for a lot of past events, such as when the kids had the chicken pox for example. But I got 30 years since my first occurrence. I had surgery chemo and radiation both times for the Brest cancer,