Hello, I really need your help. What can you tell me about the chemo brain? My wife has finished her chemo therapies after the breast cancer surgery and she should be fine now, except for the seizures that happened the other day and we don’t know what it is related to. Will she get better or is this something that will follow her from now on?

Unfortunately, there are cases of patients who are suffering form some neural damage and that happened after the chemo therapy is done. Even though it is a very effective treatment for killing the malign cells in our body it seems that the side effects of the medications used in the process are very serious and dangerous. And it will most likely be something that will be beside her for good. And those seizures along with the memory loss and some other mental problems are the signs of the so called chemo brain.

My wife, a breast cancer patient had a massive seizure exactly the moment they introduced the chemo drug into her vein. It went on for over an hour. They rushed her to ICU and had no idea what to do for her. She continued to have seizures on and off for weeks on end and on one particular day she had over 60 in 24 hours. 5 years on she still has after affects such as the feeling she is about to go into a seizure but it does not happen. She also has memory loss. She told me she would never ever had chemo therapy had they told her about this possible side affect. Her doctors are in complete denial suggesting it must have been caused by something else.

Hi My wife, a breast cancer victim also had a massive seizure the moment they introduced the chemo drug into her vein. She remained in ICU for several days having sever seizures on and off for hours on end. Again in and out of hospital having seizures, day after day, week after week. The doctors who treated her came up with every excuse one could think of, even saying she was epileptic. She never ever had a seizure in her life until the moment the drug went into her vein. She now also has eye problems, looses her sight for hours, sever headaches, loss of memory, all these things which she never ever had. Just recently, 5 years later, one of her doctors admitted the seizures and other problems she now endures probably were more than likely caused by the chemo therapy. My wife has said many times since, had she known or had she been warned, she would never had the chemo treatment., just the operation and radiation, nothing more and taken her chances. THIS IS NO LIFE.