I have heard that acidophilus are good bacteria. I would not mind this, but I have heard it is good to take as a food supplement. I could not believe this, because I had so many infections in my life that were caused by some bacteria. Moreover, I have heard this might be helpful with chemo, so I want to check if that is true. How acidophilus can help with any tumor or cancer?

It has been estimated that over 400 species of bacteria inhabit our digestive tracts with different species. This means there are not all bacteria causing diseases. These good bacteria even fight bad, and help us. A balance of the appropriate flora is critical to ensuring not only a healthy intestinal tract, but also for long-term health. This has been done through protection against pathogenic organisms and supporting gastro-intestinal health. The most important friendly bacteria are lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum, both belonging to the bacilli species. The symbiotic partnership between humankind and lactobacilli has a long history of important nutritional and therapeutic benefits. Acidophilus is the most prominent friendly resident of the small intestine, so you had better start to believe this. Research on human subjects has shown that many of the pro-carcinogenic chemicals including b-glucuronidase, b-glucosidase, and nitro-reductase have all been significantly reduced. All this is easy done when acidophilus is supplemented, so it is indicated to use acidophilus with chemo.