Hello! My cousin has leukemia. She has been ill for some time now. At first she responded to the therapy very well but then her results showed increased number of cancer cells. Also, she started to feel worse than she used to. Then her doctor decided to introduce Fludara and her condition improved. My father said that Fludara is used for the worse type of leukemia and that it has many bad side effects. Now, I am worried that Fludara will harm my cousin's health even more. What type of leukemia is Fludara used for?

Hi! Fludara is used to treat chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) of adult patients whose disease has progressed when treated with standard medicines. This is most probably the reason why Fludara was introduced in your cousin's therapy. As any other medicine it shows many side effects, but there is one thing which is very important to know before decide to take Fludara. This medicine decreases the production of normal blood cells and therefore Fludara is used in patients who have enough blood cells in their bone marrow. But, I am sure that her doctor did the blood test before introducing Fludara to her therapy and that he is doing regular blood tests during the therapy.

Hello! My cousin has leukemia. She has been ill for some time now. At first she responded to the therapy very well but then her results showed increased number of cancer cells. Also, she started to feel worse than she used to. Then her doctor decided to introduce Fludara and her condition improved. My father said that Fludara is used for the worse type of leukemia and that it has many bad side effects. Now, I am worried that Fludara will harm my cousin’s health even more. What type of leukemia is Fludara used for?

Hi! Fludara is used to treat chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) of adult patients whose disease has progressed when treated with standard medicines. This is most probably the reason why Fludara was introduced in your cousin’s therapy. As any other medicine it shows many side effects, but there is one thing which is very important to know before decide to take Fludara. This medicine decreases the production of normal blood cells and therefore Fludara is used in patients who have enough blood cells in their bone marrow. But, I am sure that her doctor did the blood test before introducing Fludara to her therapy and that he is doing regular blood tests during the therapy.