my wife's mom had Leukemia - ALL , i am worried if this would be hereditary ?
should we take any precautions ?

Hi there,

Acute lymphocytic leukemia is a cancer of blood and bone marrow. The fact about this disease is that it progresses rapidly and it affects immature blood cells. I know that acute lymphocytic leukemia is the most common type of cancer in children, and treatments result in a good chance for a cure but I am not sure how your mother got it right now. How long has she had this disease? The fact that this mostly affects children you need to monitor your blood regularly in order to prevent the disease from happening. Also can you tell me what kind of treatment is she on right now? I hope this helped a bit.

Best wishes,

Marco

My husband passed away two months ago from lymphocytic leukemia. It is rare for adults to get this kind of leukemia because it mostly affects children. What happen here was his counts were low due to the chemo and he ended up with pneumonia and septic shock. I to want to know if leukemia is hereditary.

Hope