Hi! I have been diagnosed CLL leukemia some time ago. Since I had enough healthy cells remaining my doctor decided to prescribe Fludara. He monitored the level of my blood cells regularly and after some time he decided to introduce prednisone as well. I am not familiar with this medicine at all and I have no information how this combination works. Do you have any information on fludarabine and prednisone therapy?

Hi! Actually I read some articles regarding medical trials with fludarabine and prednisone. If I am right, prednisone was usually used in combination with chlorambucil in the treatment of CLL. As I recall the patients were divided into four prognostic groups with different outcomes. At the end it was concluded that prednisone and fludarabine present an effective combination in treating CLL. But, you never know how this combination will work in your case, it depend on many things for example age, rai stage, prior therapy, response to last rx sensitive and many others. All the best!