Hi, my mother is 67 years old and she has leukemia. The doctor told me she is dying from inside. Is there anything that can be done to slow down this process?

Hi, I don’t know if there is any way to improve bad condition of patients with leukemia. Perhaps, the chemotherapy is bad enough itself apart from disease and has already deteriorated liver and kidneys. Generally, in last stages of leukemia strong analgesics and even opioids are given to relief patient from terrible pain suffering. You can try to arrange her a meeting in group for leukemia patients, as it has been shown that this helps patients. When a person realizes that it is not the only one suffering from a specific problem, a subjective psychological relief is felt.

Chemotherapy is the standard treatment for many types of leukemia. Even when a cure is not possible, chemotherapy may help you live longer and feel better. Chemotherapy for leukemia usually involves a combination of drugs. This is because different drugs attack leukemia cells in different ways. The combination also helps keep the leukemia cells from becoming resistant to any one drug. Other drugs used to treat leukemia help prevent infection and help your body grow new blood cells.
Nausea and vomiting are the most common side effects of chemotherapy for leukemia.
Bone Marrow Transplant may also be another type of treatment, but they must be able to find a match to do this...Blood Transfusion as well, can help with fighting this disease, it all depends on how long she has had this, what stage she is in...All these can play in the factor for her survival rate...Im really sorry to hear that you and her are going through this and I wish you both the very best!!!! Just keep working with your doctors on this and never give up hope!!!