Hello, I would like to hear some info regarding chronic lymphocytic leukemia. My brother, 54 years old has just been diagnosed with that illness and I have to say that I was a shock for all of us. I mean, there were no symptoms, he just said that blood test showed some abnormalities and after several additional tests, he was diagnosed with leukemia. Can someone be fully cured from leukemia?

Well, he was diagnosed with one type of leukemia which is less dangerous. I mean, that type, CLL, usually attacks people older than 50 years (usually men) and there is no immediate therapy. Actually, if there are no symptoms, doctors leave the patient to have a normal life (which might be for a long time) and only when symptoms occur, some therapy is applied.

I am 56 and also diagnosed-no treatment-so, I did my own research to fight this instead of just waiting around. I take IP6, Vitamin K2, vitamin D3, fishoil, resveratrol and 1 clove of crushed raw garlic daily, as of today-3 months later, my white blood cell countis down to 13, 000 from 21,000, so it appears to be working. You also need to eat healthy foods.

I am 43 and was also diagnosed with CLL-watch and wait-no treatment. I too have been doing my own research. I started juicing carrots and drinking Kyro-green plus eating mostly raw and taking minerals. Infact I have made so many changes. My WBC in down to 15,000 from 22,000. So far so good. To the GUEST posted 3-30-09...I am so relieved to read your comment as I was beginning to think I was the only person not content to wait. I have a question...are you using any particular book or protocal? I am overwhelmed with all the information. Have you come across 11 Natural Therapies to Conquer Cancer by Robert Sopias. I wish there was some way to tell if this stuff is for real...Thanks

I'm glad to hear that people on this thread are getting help with their issues and it's really good. I've definitely heard that with CLL that you can treat a little bit naturally by staying healthy and exercising and that sort of thing. I think it's been helpful for me so I can help someone if they are ever diagnosed with this disease. Thanks for posting.

i am awaiting my blood work results to a hemotologist, right now, wbc is 19k and lymphocytes were 82%, what else could it be? no other symptoms, 55 yrs. old male
thanks, any encouraging words would be helpful regarding the cll.

I was called into my doctors having had blood tests for sore joints two years ago. The doctor said the just wanted to do another blood test as my platelets were low. After my blood test I went into to get results from my doctor. She felt my pancreus for swellling but said it seemed ok. I asked what the platelets had gone down to from the last blood test. She said they were 132 two years ago and are now 128. She said they shouldn't be under 150. I said is it serious. She said not at all. They will keep an eye on me to see if they go lower. If they go too low they will give me a blood marrow transplant. So I went home and goodled low blood platelets and it said one cause is leukemia. So looks like I have it. I then googled how low do platelets have to go before doctors will do anything and a page came up saying doctors tend not to do anything until the platelets are as low as 50. I'm 44 years old now. So if my platelets are going down 4 every two years. When I'm 46 they should be 124. 48 they should be 120. 50 they should be 116 etc. Thats assuming the rate of lowering stays the same.

I looked at the causes of leukemia and a webpage came up saying the Chenobol Nuclear disaster in the 80s was one cause and too many xrays is another. I've had far too many xrays in my life and I walked to work in the rain after the chenobol disaster when it was on the news that we should stay out the rain as it will rain nuclear energy onto us as it had drifted over where I live. So the two causes could well be true.

i am doing a studie on leukemia and need to find out if it can be cured i mean there are sites saying it can but i need a full definition

thanks for the help on your info you all have provided :D im sure to get an A+ now haha hopefully

I was Dx with CLL 09/09/09, age 43. The topic on this post, of can it be cured? ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant is only thing that can be considered a medical cure at this time but has substantial risk.
CLL has several variations, from indolent to aggresive. Prognostic indicators from specialized test show this.
I have a more aggresive form and have been treated with FCR to bring about a remission. I take Green tea extact and have made big changes to diet. Those that have the less aggresive form may be able to live with this for years without need for treatment. Progress is being made toward a non BMT cure according to some experts but who knows how many years away this is. I hope it is sooner than later. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed is a good source of info.

I was just diagnosed also with a count of 14000.Is your treatment still working?
thank you.

My husband was diagnosed at 45. (this Feb, 2011) His white count was in the 75,000 range w/ relatively 100% lymphocytes. He has no easoniphils, basophils, (which are few in most people normally), neutrophils are 0% as well. The wait and see approach is understandable- but hard to grasp.  So we wait to see or we wait until it affects all the other counts, platelets..or anemia shows up.  With a count as high as his it sort of blows my mind that the docs don't do something to keep immune system stronger so that if/when a person with CLL gets sick such as catches a cold, flu, etc that it doesn't possibly spiral.  My husband definitely feels different. His tiredness, according to his oncologist is not attributed to CLL.  Although WBC has not been lower than 55,000 in these first 4-5 months of finding out he has leukemia. My husband sweats profusely, tires easily and will often just say, something ain't right. We've been married 25 years and he has never been sick or sickly, never took anything other than an advil. 3 years ago, finally got him to visit the dr cause of his sweating that seemed to take on a noticeable change at his job where he could be doing work with just his hands and the sweating would just pour from his head..the doc then said, don't see a thing wrong with your blood test so guess you just sweat alot.  He had no history of this before then.  Anyhow, this year he went and it was due to his neck being noticeably swollen and that something ain't right feeling, within 24 hrs we were told he had either leukemia/lymphoma. His WBC was 78,000.  Blew our minds but since he has no swollen spleen, some enlarged lymphnodes in the neck but nothing else according to some special test, he has the slow moving CLL, so no treatment.  He definitely isnt the same in many ways but standard protocol is wait til affects your platelet count.  He has tried the green tea. His waist line is shrinking and his count fluctuates between 50-60 thousand but hard to believe they don't treat this with something.  It's best to be proactive and do whatever makes you feel good, a walk, moderate exercise, vitamins, even without knowing you have CLL or any chronic illness.  I just wish they would do more! I can't imagine how he feels just waiting/wondering, if/when, etc..maybe never. At his age to be diagnosed with CLL. Still hard to comprehend.

My Cousin Is 8 And Right Now 3-28-12 she was diagnosed with lukimia is that ba:'(

Quote:

ogdan wrote:

when i was growing up in massapequa,ny a girl i knew had leukemia, and was cured, this was in the 50's, and the brooklyn dodgers donated blood for a complete blood transfusion. she was cured. she was in the encyclopedia britanica (at the time) i recently did a google search but found nothing ??? i hope i get the spelling right Linda Pietrafesa.

Is this still working for you? Have your numbers stayed down? I was just diagnosed and trying to learn ways to help myself.

please help me.my dad is suffering from leukemia,he dont want chimotheraphy