Health Advisor
Over forty women filed lawsuits against Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical Co., a Titusville, N.J.-based subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson; and McKesson Corp, all manufacturers and distributors of popular birth-control patch.
The lawsuits allege that over 40 women suffered from blood clots and other serious illnesses and that the patch even caused one death in a 25-year-old girl. After starting the skin patch, the girl developed severe blood clots in her lungs and legs.

The plaintiffs are claiming that the manufacturer didn’t investigate the patches’ safety properly and that they failed to see the severity of potential side effects like strokes and blood clots formation and risked many lives that away. They are also complaining about the products being on the market when it is obvious that they are supplying women with more hormones than they need.

The officials from the sued companies did not respond to calls right away to give comments.

Ortho Evra birth control patch was approved by the FDA back in 2001. FDA warned and labels were updated that the patch may be carrying more risk of blood clots in the legs and lungs than the regular birth control pills.
The lawsuit was filed in San Francisco but over 400 women filed similar lawsuits nationwide.

Hello Heidi,

My name is Rolanda Morris and I have recently been diagnosised with two blod clots (one in each leg.) I would like to get the name and number of the attorney's that are representing the group of people in the mentioned law suit. Since October 2006 my bout with the clots have been life threatening and very scary. I need some assistance in
pursuing some legal help. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. Your posting was extremely healpful.