is it like really bad if im on birth control and smoke weed?

I used to smoke pot and I was on BC. It never effected me so I think you'll be ok.

I was on Alesse for over a year and am now on Aviane. I've smoked pot daily for years and it hasn't ever affected me so don't worry too much about it ^_^

yeah pot does not mess with the birthcontrol, so your all good smoke up for the cramps =)

i was on Aviane for a year, and i smoked pot the WHOLE time through. it didnt bother me, it just helped me relax and get rid of my cramps. Now i am on ortho micronor and still smoking marijuana. there have been no problems for me. ive been on the ortho for four months now, and i was on aviane for a little over a year. its all good to smoke and take birth control at the same time.

Yeah you guys keep saying its fine. Cos its fine for you but what about all the other girls that died from blood clots or strokes?? They don't get a chance to say something, cos it was too late... But I guess yeah go ahead and recommend girls to smoke all they want...

Smoking cigarettes is what causes those issues, not smoking marijuana. It is because the chemicals in cigarettes already increase your risk of those problems, and then taking birth control on top of that increases those risks even more.

chiill pilll research first....

i'm thinking the question is if smoking marijuana causes the same problems as smoking nicotine while you are using birth control, is that right? I think it is a good question, maybe it's not the same as nicotine. They both can be smoked, but is it the smoking or the drug that causes the blood clots and such???? And i don't believe there are enough studies on cannabis to be sure. So comments on what people have experienced themselves, and seen in others they know who may have suffered problems are useful. I say that such its such a shady area as far as research goes, if you are concerned about it, try other things like edeables or vaporizers. However, I really do believe the blood clot thing has more to do with nicotine as a drug and how it effects your body, than say inhaling smoke in general in other forms. In the end though, I say again, we have not done enough studies to know for sure... it's too bad really

Nicotine causes stress to arteries ( increases blood pressure in the heart thus causing increased pressure to all blood vessels in the body) Estrogen ALSO causes increased blood pressure and therefore more internal stress on arteries. The combination is hard on the arteries causing them to dilate( stretch). Most studies show that THC causes a very mild decrease in blood pressure ( you can test this yourself, next time you plan to smoke weed, take your BP first, then 5 minutes after inhalation, then again in 10 minutes) If your BP rises( it prob will decrease) then I suggest not to smoke weed while taking BC( because of the arterial stress) But more then likely the BP will decrease. In conclusion, as far as cardiovascular effects, nicotine is bad with BC. THC will probably make little to no difference. Unless you already have hypertension ( high BP) in which case you may reconsider taking BC.

if your on birth control and smoke marijuana alot, later on down the road you could get breast cancer. and the side effects from smoking weed while on birth control is you will get headaches. 

Not everybody's body is the same my heart goes out to the young ladies who died but its not that serious. WEED IS FINE TOBACCO IS NOT!!!

They were most likely smoking cigs, cause oh hey don't you know BC and cigs increase chances of blood clots and strokes but not a single person you ask will say their friend died smoking tree and using BC...

I was advised by both a doctor and a pharmacist that the chemicals used in pesticides or soil cause a heightened risk of blood clots as well. I had to quit smoking weed while on the shot because I trust my doctor not to steer me wrong. I also asked the dispensary I go to, and they told me that no matter whether it's edibles, vaporizer, blunt, or bong, it still has chemicals. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, especially because I believe in the medicinal benefits of weed, but I wouldn't mix the 2 unless you want to run the risk of a blood clot. It's not worth it to risk your life, especially recreationally. If my doctor who knows I have a prescription asked me if weed was more important than my life and being a mother to my children, I would just take caution. I have been a mmj patient since 2011 when I badly injured my back and to deal with PTSD.

Be careful with the words you use. Yes, of course marijuana contains "chemicals." Chemicals are the building blocks of life. Remember chemistry when we'd learn what water is made of and how it reacts with other "chemicals?" Not all chemicals are bad. Some are necessary to live! Also, there are plenty of dispensaries which focus on 100% organic medical cannabis - no pesticides, etc. If you have ever grown flowers or vegetables in a garden without pesticides and felt safe eating or smelling these while on BC, then there's no reason to be terrified of another plant.