I'm 20, don't drink or smoke, and overall quite healthy. I started Yaz birth control last Saturday, but the last day I took it was Wednesday (total of 5 days) because something began to feel...off. I just didn't feel like myself and I decided I didn't want to stay with it for another day. I didn't take the pill yesterday, and last night I woke up at 1 in the morning with a rapid heartbeat and pulse, and I felt so dizzy. I was afraid I would faint, so I splashed cold water on my face and kept a cold cloth on to keep my face cool. I sat down on the couch with a couple of blankets because I felt so cold, and my heart was beating so fast that, paired with how cold I was, I was almost shivering. Whenever I tried to fall asleep, I would begin to feel dizzy and had to abruptly stay awake again. I finally managed to get some sleep around 5:30 that morning.

Today I went to the doctor--she took a blood test (to test for anemia or thyroid problems), did an EKG (it was perfect)--and gave me a referral to get an ultrasound for my legs. It is just to be on the safe side, to make sure I have no blood clots.

Today is my second day of not taking the pill, and I still don't feel like myself yet. My pulse still feels a bit rapid to me. About how long until Yaz wears off completely and my body returns to its normal self? Anyone experience something like this while on it? How long were you on it and how long until you recovered?