I started Yaz for the first time ever 4 months ago. After two months I started noticing mood changes and my body just feeling differnet. When I spoke to my doctor the secretary (the security guard so to speak) would always act as the doctor and give answers. Like she's never heard of anyone experiencing mood changes. After a few more weeks, I started noticing my libido decrease. I called again and yet the doctor was not available and the secretary laughed. I thought it was me being parinoid. Pleople were telling me the've never heard of that. So I proceeded with the pill and wanted to stop at the end of the third month b/c I was experiencing anxiety and crying but didn't b/c I wanted to talk to or see the doctor first but she was on vacation. Finally at the beginning of the forth month after crying for days and having a panic attack where I had to seek the help of a psychiatrist. I still didn't really know it was the BC and the Psychatriast didn't take the BC into consideration. Turns out I had all the wrong doctors and all the wrong info. My relationship with my boyfriend even almost broke down b/c I had no libido but was blaming him for his preformance. My life turned upside down and I got to an almost breaking point. Now I am off the pill, but not yet back to myself. It takes about a month to two months. I will never use BC again.

This will be my third Yaz Pack & my dr had me skipping the white pills so that I will not have a period. She suggested this in hopes that my ovaries will get healthier for I have PCOS. My husband & I are trying to start a family & the trouble led us to the dr who ordered Yaz. Right after taking it I was really anxious & I called the dr & recieved the nurse, since the dr was on vacation for a month (must be nice). She told me they could either put me on another BC or I could stop taking it but she really hoped I would try Yaz for a month before I decided. I continued & tried to ignore my anxiety, then my libedo dropped & I started feel ugly, fat, & unattractive to men & my husband in general. I still feel this way & I'm dealing with it till my appointment in two weeks. I'm going to strongly state that I'm not continuing Yaz & hopefully the dr agrees. I've never been this way, I used to be a confident person & now I'm always questioning myself.

I have also been feeling the exact same way since being on Yaz. I'm now on my 1st week of the 4th month and I just want to crawl in a hole. I am completely incapable of feeling any positive emotions, just sadness and anger. My sex drive is nil and I've been worried that I no longer love my boyfriend who I have been so completely in love with for some time now. I'm going to take myself off this pill immediately but was wondering if anyone knows of a low estrogen alternative. Thanks and good luck!

I am 34, anemic, and my red blood cell count has dropped so low, that if I get into a small accident, I have been told I would not survive. I have avoided birth control pills for all of my life. So now, for the first time, I tried Yaz. The first month was misery. I had a short temper, my thoughts were jumbled, I was extremely tired and I bled for 3 weeks. The second month, I lost weight, the bleeding stopped completely, and my periods normally would last 7-10 days, this time, it only lasts for 3 days. I feel like a new person! I did not have one PMS symptom, except for breast tenderness and a little cramping (normally I have to take off work b/c I am in a fetal position). This pill is a miracle. I hope it works for everyone.

I'm on my 9th month and feel totally wrecked from YAZ. I have ZERO reason to feel so down and not want to have sex with my wonderful boyfriend. I've been playing phone-tag with my doctor's office for over 2 weeks. I fear going off BC due to extremely painful periods - does anyone know of a BC alternative? I seriously need to find a solution ASAP.

I have been taking Yaz for 4 days. Its been a negative experience as I've been more depressed, extremely sick to my stomach, sluggish, dull minded, and my ankles keep swelling. The packet info. says to give it 3 months, but its already effecting my relationship with my husband, and I had to leave work early one night due to extreme stomach upset. Will these side effects subside sooner than 3 months?

First of all I was recommended a book called "Best Pills & Worst Pills" and Yasmin is in the top 10 worst pills. Yaz is a DIRECT derivative of yasmin. I began taking yaz a little over 4 months ago. The commercials sold me. I immediately called my gyno and started taking the pills. Even though I asked about side effects, she said it was fine, but that is far from the truth. Since the first month I noticed EXTREME MOODINESS and ANXIETY. I thought it was the adjustment window but this is almost unbearable. My fiance has noticed a dramatic difference in my mood and anxiety. He says it is more than the normal PMS effects and lasts throughout the entire month. I intend on switching back to Orthotricyclen-low or a generic brand as soon as possible.

Yes i do know a low estro pill-generic name is SPRINGTEC-im switching back to it because of same symptoms from yaz good luck to you

An alternative to yaz is orthotricylen low or a generic brand similar to that. I was on ortho-low previously. Although there were still mood changes the week before my period it was nothing as considerable as with yaz. I was NOT anxious on ortho-low either. Since on yaz I am moody throughout the entire month, with ortho it was just part of PMS. A certain amount of discomfort should be expected with a period. The uterus is shedding it's lining and cramping is usually accompanied by that. BUT no birth control pill should make you feel worse! That is what I feel yaz has done. Next week I am returning to ortho.

I started taking Yaz because I have crippling periods 4 months ago. Ever since then the nightmare began I bled for a month straight had EXTREME mood swings. I was naseous all night and most of the morning, had extreme anger anxiety and depression so bad. My husband and I fought constantly. This bc can give you suicidal thoughts !!! Be warned. I have stopped taking the bc yaz and I will not ever take it again and do not recommend it. Ortho Evra the patch is awesome and seasonale is good too. I feel so bad for all the ladies that are going thru this or have. :-S

I've been on Yaz for at least 9 months. I'm 20yrs old and have a wonderful boyfriend of a year and a half. I work at an OB/Gyn and have talked with coworkers who use dif methods, two providers (docs), and all of the BC drug reps about their products before choosing. I was on Loestrin24Fe a couple months (approx 3mo) before turning to Yaz (Loestrin24Fe worsened my already bad depression). I've had depression for most of my life (started around 7th grade). I thought Yaz was awesome at first! I started taking Celexa (20mg daily) for depression when I noticed that my libido simply disappeared! This made me stressed out on top of working full time and going to school full time! I stopped taking Celexa with the hope that my libido would come back, only to find that I still have no libido. I'm still on Yaz because I believe that being in a sexual relationship, an BC is NECESSARY. I've been told by my provider that since Celexa is an MAOI, it could effect the libido. I'm assuming that Celexa caused the onset, but maybe the Yaz is continuously taking away my libido? I wasn't always so happy in life but at least I had a libido! I'm scared to switch BC methods because it was AWFUL when I tried Loestrin24Fe, but for the love of god, give me my drive back.

P.S. - Yaz did not make the zits go away, either

I meant SSRI, not MAOI.

I also found this on MSN.com health. "SSRIs have been found to all but eliminate desire in some patients. Yet one distressing side effect is a drop in sex drive. Some studies indicate that as many as 50 percent of people on SSRIs suffer from a markedly reduced sex drive."

And also, it is a fact that everyone's body reacts differently to any medication. It's just that these problems need to be more openly talked about among patients/doctors as well as doctors/drug representatives

It has only been TWO days and oh gosh somebody please throw me a life jacket. I feel so down I can bearly walk. Not to mention I felt like I have to sleep all day today. Geez... The Yasmin pill wasn't so bad besides the zero libido effect. I would rather have low libido than depression. I called my doc today to see what she says. Thank Goodnes for reading all this or I would have never known...
MY CONCLUSION:

YAZ MAKES ME SO DEPRESSED :-(

I started taking yaz about 3 weeks ago within days I was feeling sad and was almost crying about any little thing. I got in a huge fight with my boyfriend that went on for several days. He wanted to know what the hell was wrong with me he has never seen me be so moody before. I tried yaz because I was told these side effects would not happen. I have not had great results with any birth control I have been on ever. So i was hoping yaz was different. I am not going to give it three months as soon as this pack is done I am off the pill for life. I almost threw up on two different occasions I cry at the drop of a hat. It has been a bad experience. I have had worse experiences on other pills. Yaz was definetly better but still not good enough to suffer through three months of crying and fighting with my boyfriend to see if it turns out ok.

"We're not gonna take it, no, we ain't gonna take it." Yep, the commercial sold me. I decided the first BC I was going to take in 5 years was going to be Yaz, hoping to surpress any moodiness and irritability I experience before my period. My gyno told me that I could even get my period down to just 3 days. So I said, sign me up. Its just the first month and half and I realized that I feel "numb" and emotionless and having the worst back problems in my life (I'm 24 and shouldn't be experiencing this). Orgasms are becoming more difficult and I'm not excited about work, going out, etc., when I know I love my job and love hanging out with my family, friends and especially my boyfriend. I realized also I feel the same as when I took anti-depressant and anti-anxiety pills about 4 years ago. I felt then the same way I do now, "numb" and emotionless. So last night I decided to stop taking the pill and will switch to something else next month. Will keep you updated and let you know if it really is the BC. :'(